PAUL MCCARTNEY, BOB DYLAN AND RINGO STARR PLAN COLLABORATION

Well, thank goodness they don't have Jeff Lynne in the middle of it to screw everything up! This should be fun. Dylan's 'Together Through Life' album is a definite keeper, IMO. He still has something to say, whereas Paul seems to have run out of gas of late (unless he's done something relevant since 'Memory Almost Full' which didn't do a thing for me).

I have a soft spot for Jeff Lynne as well... seems most of the albums he's touched absolutely reek of his signature production touches! The weird hi-hat sound... the twelve-string acoustics with all the bottom end gutted...

Exactly, he just takes over. Must be his basic personality, and it certainly worked with ELO. Just not with the Willburys. For all of that talent, they still couldn't quite put it together in a way that really worked. I guess the rest of them were having so much fun that they really didn't care too much about the output, as such.

With Dylan, it always seems good to have as few people around as absolutely needed, which is why this idea really intrigues me. It should be right up his alley to sit down and collaborate on song writing with Paul, and then figure out the rest of it in terms of production once they've come up with something worthwhile. The man needs his space! He's even told his own kid that, and never seems to want to work with him on anything.

Well, thank goodness they don't have Jeff Lynne in the middle of it to screw everything up! This should be fun. Dylan's 'Together Through Life' album is a definite keeper, IMO. He still has something to say, whereas Paul seems to have run out of gas of late (unless he's done something relevant since 'Memory Almost Full' which didn't do a thing for me).

I disagree. I think Paul is still making some great music. His latest Fireman album Electric Arguments isn't the same old oldies crap that a lot of older musicians keep rehashing. The album is very fresh and progressive IMO.

Amazon.com: Electric Arguments: The Fireman and Youth Paul McCartney: Music

i also didn't like memory almost empty...

did you hear his cd prior to that?

Amazon.com: Chaos and Creation in the Backyard: Paul McCartney: Music

i liked it, and i am not a big McCartney fan. it reminded me in a good way of his old Beatles stuff.