Concord Cd's & SACD's for $5.98

jimmyjames8

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 4 of them in my cart when the sale ended, and it still let me buy them at the sale price.

Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra Ray Sings, Basie Swings 63679 1 In-Stock $5.98

McCoy Tyner Land Of Giants 63576 1 In-Stock $5.98

Dave Brubeck Private Brubeck Remembers 63605 1 In-Stock $5.98

Oscar Peterson, Stephane Grappelli, Joe Pass & Mickey Roker Skol PASA-2308-232-6 1 In-Stock $5.98

most of the paavo jarvi and the Cincinnati symphony orchestra sacds are still 5.98.

also:

al di meola - consequence of chaos

theolonius monk - monk's music

wynton kelly - kelly blue

mulligan meets monk

gil evans and ten

art pepper - gettin' together

cannonball adderly and milt jackson - things are getting better

I just checked and put the Art Pepper GETTIN' TOGETHER SACD that shows $18.98 in my cart and it comes up $5.98 once in the cart so I guess the deal is still on. The sale was advertised as being good thru June. Worth digging around their screwed up website for $6 SACD's but aggrevating as hell. Concord's site has always been this way since they launched it.

Art Pepper deal alert: 9 disc Village Vanguard box set for $24 used, $40 new on Amazon. I think I paid $50 plus shipping for mine. The MSRP is $125.

Amazon.com: Used and New: The Complete Village Vanguard Sessions

In the end I placed three orders, including suggestions made by some of you. Thanks again. The below were all $5.98 SACDs (though there was a freebie in the largest order). If you're interested in any of the below, the search seems to work much better with titles than artists.

The Modern Jazz Quartet Django PRSA-7057-6

Various Artists Amadeus 2WAMSA-1791-6

Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra Ray Sings, Basie Swings 63679

McCoy Tyner Illuminations 63599

McCoy Tyner Land Of Giants 63576

Chet Baker In New York RISA-1119-6

Ladysmith Black Mambazo Long Walk To Freedom HUSA9109

Paavo Jarvi & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique, Op. 14 / Love Scene From Romeo And Juliette 60578

Michel Camilo Rhapsody In Blue 63611

Ray Charles Genius Loves Company SACD-1033-6

Lang Lang Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 3 / Scriabin: Etudes 60582

Tierney Sutton Dancing In The Dark 63592

Leonard Slatkin & Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection" 60081

Jacques Loussier Impressions On Chopin's Nocturnes 63602

Paavo Jarvi & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Dvorak: Symphony No. 9 "From The New World" / Martinu: Symphony No. 2 60616

Mel Torme And George Shearing A Vintage Year SACD-1026-6

Monica Mancini Ultimate Mancini SACD-1034-6

Paavo Jarvi & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Prokofiev: Lieutenant Kije Suite and Symphony No. 5 60683

Paavo Jarvi & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Debussy: Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune/Nocturnes/La Mer/Berceuse Heroique 60617

Wynton Kelly Kelly Blue RISA-1142-6

Gerry Mulligan & Thelonious Monk Mulligan Meets Monk

And thanks jinp. That list helped much.

Chet Baker In New York RISA-1119-6 1 In-Stock $0.00

Sonny Rollins Quartet Tenor Madness PRSA-7047-6 1 In-Stock $5.98

Leonard Slatkin & Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection" 60081 1 In-Stock $5.98

Al Di Meola Consequence Of Chaos 63649 1 In-Stock $5.98

Thelonious Monk Monk's Music RISA-1102-6 1 In-Stock $5.98

Wynton Kelly Kelly Blue RISA-1142-6 1 In-Stock $5.98

Benjamin Zander & Philharmonia Orchestra Mahler: Symphony No. 6 In A Minor, "Tragic" 60586 1 In-Stock $5.98

Benjamin Zander & Philharmonia Orchestra Mahler: Songs Of A Wayfarer/Symphony No. 1 In D Major 60628 1 In-Stock $5.98

Donald Runnicles & Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Britannia 60677 1 In-Stock $5.98

David Russell Art Of The Guitar 60672 1 In-Stock $5.98

Paavo Jarvi & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Dvorak: Symphony No. 9 "From The New World" / Martinu: Symphony No. 2 60616 1 In-Stock $5.98

Frederick Fennell, The Cleveland Symphonic Winds Holst: Suite Nos. 1 And 2 / Handel: Music For Royal Fireworks/ Sousa: Stars: Marches, Fanfares And O 60639 1 In-Stock $5.98

Conrad van Alphen & Rotterdam Chamber Orchestra Grieg: Holberg Suite / Dvorak: Serenade For Strings / Elgar: Serenade For Strings 60623 1 In-Stock $5.98

Martin Pearlman & Boston Baroque Handel: Music For Royal Fireworks And Water Music 60594 1 In-Stock $5.98

Lorin Maazel & The Cleveland Orchestra Moussorgsky: Pictures At An Exhibition & Night On Bald Mountain 60042 1 In-Stock $5.98

Totals

Subtotal $83.72

Shipping: Free Ground Shipping $0.00

Sales Tax $0.00

Total $83.72

not bad. big thanks to the OP for the heads up. :)

Damn, you jack!

Add the below to my above list (order #4):

Benjamin Zander & Philharmonia Orchestra Mahler: Symphony No. 6 In A Minor, "Tragic" 60586

Benjamin Zander & Philharmonia Orchestra Mahler: Songs Of A Wayfarer/Symphony No. 1 In D Major 60628

Frederick Fennell, The Cleveland Symphonic Winds Holst: Suite Nos. 1 And 2 / Handel: Music For Royal Fireworks/ Sousa: Stars: Marches, Fanfares And O 60639

Conrad van Alphen & Rotterdam Chamber Orchestra Grieg: Holberg Suite / Dvorak: Serenade For Strings / Elgar: Serenade For Strings 60623

Lorin Maazel & The Cleveland Orchestra Moussorgsky: Pictures At An Exhibition & Night On Bald Mountain 60042

David Russell Art Of The Guitar

Hope this is useful

Concord Music Group - Promos

This was very helpful. My sweep included 22 SACDs for $199.60 (which included 2 for free). I'm off-Island at the moment, but I suspect some of them may end up being duplicates in my collection. If so, I'll give away those (or their redbook equivalent) here, but that won't be until September.

Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra Ray Sings, Basie Swings

Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker - Selections From The Ballet

Michael Brecker Pilgrimage

Spyro Gyra Good To Go-Go

The Gene Harris & Scott Hamilton Quintet At Last

Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Russian Nights

Monica Mancini Ultimate Mancini

Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Masters and Commanders

Randy Brecker And Michael Brecker Some Skunk Funk

Al Di Meola Consequence Of Chaos

Art Pepper Gettin' Together!

Cannonball Adderley & Milt Jackson Things Are Getting Better

Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Great Film Fantasies

Spyro Gyra The Deep End

McCoy Tyner Land Of Giants

Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra The Never-Ending Waltz

Spyro Gyra Wrapped In A Dream

Isaac Hayes The Isaac Hayes Movement

Monty Alexander, Sly Dunbar & Robbie Shakespeare Monty Meets Sly And Robbie

Albert King I'll Play The Blues For You

Sonny Rollins Quartet Tenor Madness

Los Angeles Guitar Quartet Spin

Okay, my eyes could be decieving me, but I think they're changing the prices ad hoc. I believe an item I added increased at check-out. Anyway if you go through each category listed on top, then 'See All' from right of page, then 'Quick Search' on SACD you get a listing. Add as many as you're interested in, check cart for actual price, and check out fast.

Now I just need a SACD player.

BEST BUY IF YOU CAN LOCATE ONE IS THE SONY SCD-XA5400ES CD/SACD player

I think it can, depending on what you mean by "pass". If you're willing to hack the player a bit, I think it can be done. Search around at DiyA and see what model Russ and Brian hacked to do this.

Thats what I meant when I said that. They hacked the 1910, but its the same procedure from what I've seen.