Concord Cd's & SACD's for $5.98

jimmyjames8

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, a lot of CDs that could be really interesting. My wallet has room for about....oh, let's just say a few handfuls of CDs there. I always make room for new music! :) Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time checking out the free streaming samples...

Btw this thread should be in the Music forum, only caught this since I usually skim the Latest Posts section at the bottom of the index page.

Concord or their website does weird shit sometimes. Their search engine sucks as well but the titles are still on sale. Basically it was all TELARC titles on sale. If you do a search for say LAGQ, some of their titles show up and the sale price is shown and then you have to dig around a bit for the others. When I posted this, the link went to about 200 Telarc CD's and SACD's that are still on sale.

Fuck. None of the titles that I can remember are still on sale. Was going to fill out my Paavo Jarvi collection, but none of the SACDs are to be sale priced, that I can find. Don't remember any of the jazz titles. Typo/data entry error? Some of the CD's didn't appear to be on sale, while the SACD's were -- that's the only thing upon which I base this.

Maybe as the search and listings are having problems, we post what we found in case others are interested in the same titles? You may not have received an email receipt yet (I didn't), but "your account" shows the order.

I picked up SACDs (all $5.98 and I'm hoping all hybrid):

The Modern Jazz Quartet: Django - PRSA-7057-6

Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra: Ray Sings, Basie Swings - 63679

McCoy Tyner: Illuminations - 63599

McCoy Tyner: Land Of Giants - 63576

The Django SACD, for example, is showing as 18.98, I'm pretty sure it was 5.98 earlier. All the Jarvi and Hiromi SACD's are full price, too.

Either they bit off more than they could chew, or it was a typo. Either way, they fixed it.

No big, I'm kind of relieved, I shouldn't be buying anything right now, anyway. Don't know how others feel about it, though, but that's their problem. :)

I'd be curious if any of you who ordered have the orders canceled.

that sucks. i was adding CD's to my cart, and even though they were listed as 18, they were showing up as 6 in the cart. Then when I get home and login, my cart is empty.

EDIT: hey, so I added one I knew was on sale, Chet Baker's "In New York", and it still goes in the cart as $5.98.

I just added "The Modern Jazz Quartet: Django" (interestingly had to search off title, not artist) and although listed at $18.98, when it ends up in the cart it drops to $5.98. I think postjack is on to something. ;)

That's fuckin' interesting, man.

(I've been watching the Big Lebowski a bit too much of late after discovering another forum where I'm still listed as a "Fuckin' Amateur": Lebowski Fest > Achievers > Achiever Forum - check that, I'm "Not Exactly a Lightweight" now.)

Okay, my eyes could be decieving me, but I think they're changing the prices ad hoc. I believe an item I added increased at check-out. Anyway if you go through each category listed on top, then 'See All' from right of page, then 'Quick Search' on SACD you get a listing. Add as many as you're interested in, check cart for actual price, and check out fast.

Now I just need a SACD player.

I just added "The Modern Jazz Quartet: Django" (interestingly had to search off title, not artist) and although listed at $18.98, when it ends up in the cart it drops to $5.98. I think postjack is on to something. ;)

I got this and Sonny Rollins Quartet - Tenor Madness SACD each for $5.98. Then I couldn't find any more at that price and gave up.