Palm Pre

tkam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info on the Pre, especially about the non-sluggishness. I am on a waiting list to get one (hopefully this weekend). I tried one out in the Sprint store and was not very impressed but I figure that this was become of some "demo" mode that they may have had it on.

I don't know how I missed this thread. I haven't spent time with a live one yet, just the dummy from the Best Buy Mobile, but I LOVE the size of the phone. The iPhone and the G1 seem a little too tall (though both have big roomy screens). The Pre in closed position just fits the hand SO well. Kind of like with my BB 8900, the screen is a bit smaller, but it has the same or similar resolution as the iPhone/Storm/G1, so it should just be great in that respect.

I'm in agreement that it's going to take more marketshare away from RIM than it will Apple, though IRL, I see quite a few more people with BBs out than iPhones. I kinda wonder if this is how it may end up with Android phones as well, having a variety of devices/form factors on one platform suiting multiple needs. It'll be interesting to see what WebOS does with the reinvention of Palm, however.

This summer, with multiple flagship WM phones, new Android phones, 2H BB devices and that other little phone that came out today all on top of the Pre, the smartphone arena is just flooded with top tier competition. I love it.

**BRENT**

I've come to really appreciate the way the Pre handles notifications, it's not intrusive at all and contains all the information you need to decide if its something you want to check out right away or ignore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So just finished downloading/installing webOS 1.1. Few things to point out, Exchange support is now complete which is good news for enterprise users. Overall things do seem a little snappier so I think they did some optimization to the UI code. The biggest app/feature addition in my opinion is the NFL Mobile App.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only serious possible hold-up could be Verizon's instance on using it's own appstore, or some version of the pre's store that verizon has total control over. Still plenty of time before January to get that all sorted out though