Top Gear

Edwood

Indeed the first episode was quite good.

Also watching Oz and James Drink to Britain. Aired back in January, it's a tour of the UK by James May and an even bigger blowhard with some seriously interesting locations, and education on all things alcoholic. I watched three episodes tonight while sipping beer and whisky at the appropriate times.

I don't blame them for drinking in the Polar Special. Part of their training was to be thrown into water while up there, and I've read reports of them getting frostbite and other fun.

Going by the description of that Ferrari FXX though, reading between the lines, it was obviously Shuey's personal one, so obviously nobody but him was going to take it around the track. The only bad thing about the 1:10 time though is, nobody and nothing will ever beat it, and Shuey was an utterley boring guest. As for the race, just knowing that some people were crazy enough to spend 19 years building a full-spec steam train from scratch that can do 100mph (I read up on it) made it worth it.

The only bad thing about the 1:10 time though is, nobody and nothing will ever beat it...

I don't think so. Cars age too fast. I have no doubt that soon enough something will come along and knock it off the top. Look at the Ultima GTR, it

a good while back with a 720hp engine and that's basically an overgrown kit car, and it accepts engines up to 1100bhp anyway. The Caparo T1 was around 1:10.6 (vs FXX at 1:10.7) and its aim is to be road legal even if it has issues in its present iteration. Still I'm surprised they put up the FXX time in the first place since last I heard it wasn't road legal.

Also watching Oz and James Drink to Britain. Aired back in January, it's a tour of the UK by James May and an even bigger blowhard with some seriously interesting locations, and education on all things alcoholic. I watched three episodes tonight while sipping beer and whisky at the appropriate times.

That's a great show, very spontaneous and genuinely funny at times.

Just watched all of it in one sitting and I genuinely enjoyed it. I'm going to have to check out the wine one soon

i preferred the preceding Oz and James' Big Wine Adventure, but Oz and James Drink to Britain was good, too.

I watched the first episode of the first wine one last night, and couldn't get into it. I really just can't get into wine and feel as annoyed as James does about identifying other flavors that don't exist. I feel the same way about beer geeks doing that. If it isn't an intentional flavoring in the beer, stfu about what fruit it smells like.

The only bad thing about the 1:10 time though is, nobody and nothing will ever beat it...
you might recall the Caparo T1 was in a similar league...

I really didn't like S13E01. E02 however is one of my top five TG eps, easy, and this is coming form someone who thinks they haven't done a good solid show all the way through since Season 4 or 5... only thing that let S13E02 down was some really choppy editing, particularly during the Fry interview.

I thought the teenager cars thing was hilarious! All the props in the office were hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing every time we saw Ravey Mayvey with his tunes cranked... and I'm only a few years too old to be gawking at the 17 year old girls!

That new Lambo SV thinger is the first Lamborghaudi I've liked. Don't care for the SLR...

Fry hilarious as ever, and I've had tons of mileage joking about Grindr since however have thus far resisted the urge to download...

Finally, F1 v. Veyron? Awesome! F1 even put it in its place up to 125mph or so.

Interestingly the I Love Man episode (S03E02) is probably my favourite and also has Fry on as the SIARPC... and tons of BMW content (BMW engine in the F1, w00t). Love the M1, most fun I've ever had with my pants on was driving an E30 M3, and I owned an E34 M5 (thanks to Ronin...)

Quite possibly, as it does have a bit more power. Otoh its Cd is rather higher which might make it pay even more above 200km/h in a straight line... LM engine in a standard F1 probably ideal for racing a Veyron, but not sure the LM exhaust is street legal...? I understand the quad-turbocharged Veyron really suffers in the hot desert environment and it probably should have done better. Who cares though, the Veyron is a rich German man's blown wad, the F1 is a masterpiece...

Yeah I finished the Wine Adventures, not bad. Here's hoping they stick on a more general indigenous drinks vibe rather than going back to all wine.

S13E03 of TG was decent. The SIARPC was one of the funniest ever, and now I have to find a source for that guy's TV show. The rally car film is classic Top Gear flamboyance, and would be an excellent Blu-Ray showoff piece, if they should decide to release this season in the format.

Question though, during that final jump in the rally car, when the large plane comes perfectly into frame for the slo-mo... edited in or not? It shows up in another angle as well, traveling at a very believable speed towards the runway. Simply amazing bit of timing if it was really there.