Top Gear

Edwood

That is putting it mildly. It made me want to put a serious hurtin' on whomever though up this wretched debacle in the first place. Using the same name, and logo, WTF?!?!?! And on the fucking History channel? Not only that, but the first promo features something that is just a rehash of a film the REAL Top Gear did years ago...:palm:

I liked it a lot...not as good as having May & Hammond there, but those were definitely cars I wanted to see tested...

If it's true that this is available on blu-ray & not just dvd I may just have to buy it...I've always said that I'm all for paying for Top Gear if they'd ever put it out on blu-ray...I already pay to get it (usually edited) on BBC America HD...I hope they follow up by releasing the HD series...

^ Yes it is

Clarkson: The Italian Job - Triple Play Edition (With Bonus DVD & Digital Copy) (2 Discs) (Blu-ray) - Blu-ray at Play.com (UK)

and so are these

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

But then you might need

Multi region Blu-ray dvd player FAQs, buying guide and information on Multi region code free bluray dvd players bluray disc players for multi system multi region

EDIT: available from amazon.com too, but as the comments say

Watch out, this does not play in the Playstation 3 and a handful of other blu-ray players. Works in my friend's LG, but that's about it. Uses a 1080i/50 encoding that is not supported by most. This should not be marketed towards Americans.

Standards, eh?

Edited by Grahame

I just hate the fact that they couldn't even come up with their own ideas (based on what I saw in the commercial) and are content to just rehash what (real) Top Gear has already done. At this point my attitude is good riddance, the less they sully the name (and logo, and format, and ideas, and ....) of Top Gear, the better.

Hey it could be worse! My inside information was that originally they were going to ditch the format all together. My sources tell me that originally it was going to be directed by John Waters...There were going to be three Leather Daddies testing out twinks. It was going to be called Top Queer. I applied, but they said they couldn't fit the TICE in frame.

I liked it a lot...not as good as having May & Hammond there, but those were definitely cars I wanted to see tested...

I think it was the best DVD/special that Clarkson or Top Gear has ever put out.

Top Gear Apocalypse came out this week... and that was just terrible. No Clarkson, boring as hell, and they were trying too hard to be funny.

New episode of the US version turned me off completely. Somehow I enjoyed the first episode but there are some serious issues to work out.

However, "Good News!". Real top gear is back on the 21st, and on the 26th we get a big road trip episode where they recreate the journey of the three wise men across the middle east in beaters.

[url=http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/12/03/top-gear-over-christmas-more-details/]Top Gear over Christmas: more details!

Looking forward to some new UK Top Gear to enjoy.

Haven't seen the American version -- the trailer link I found had been pulled, and I'm not sure where else to find it over here. I do have to say that my idea of the Top Gear USA that *I* would watch would probably feature and be directed by Alton Brown. Okay, perhaps I'm weird, but I swear it would have worked.

I'm willing to give the US iteration time to develop (though I doubt their network will be so lenient). I just finished watching the first season of "new" Top Gear (i.e. season 1 after the relaunch before they brought in James May) and it was really not so good. Transitions were screwy, the audience didn't have it figured out, and there were whole minutes eaten up by a portly chap explaining which cars were having a good sale at the moment.

Point being, as Dan said, chemistry takes time to develop. May, Hammond and Clarkson can live in the bush together at this point, if the U.S. show is to ever develop that, people need to give it some room.

New episode of the US version turned me off completely. Somehow I enjoyed the first episode but there are some serious issues to work out.

The second episode of TGUS was pretty good... and the latest one (third) was alright. However, I thought the first one was terrible. I almost fell asleep watching it, even with the whole Viper chase segment.

I'm willing to give the US iteration time to develop (though I doubt their network will be so lenient). I just finished watching the first season of "new" Top Gear (i.e. season 1 after the relaunch before they brought in James May) and it was really not so good. Transitions were screwy, the audience didn't have it figured out, and there were whole minutes eaten up by a portly chap explaining which cars were having a good sale at the moment.

Point being, as Dan said, chemistry takes time to develop. May, Hammond and Clarkson can live in the bush together at this point, if the U.S. show is to ever develop that, people need to give it some room.

I didn't mind the chubby guy in early UK Top Gear, he was practical :sadcat:

• 2 weeks later...