Top Gear

Edwood

• 2 months later...

Quite an enjoyable episode. The first one was ridiculous, but this one was more like old Top Gear. Looking forward to the specials, and the lap times.

On that note, the idea of a performance hybrid is quite an appealing one, since you can have an engine that's normally not suited for the street and make it everyday useable with an electric engine. Imagine something like a Subaru BRZ, with maybe a 1.3 liter motorcycle-derived engine that revs to 13000 rpm and an electric motor to fill out the torque curve. Sounds pretty good, to be honest, now they just need to make it affordable.

The Alfa is very pretty, but the US-spec version will be bloated by hundreds of pounds and loses some of its lustre. That, and most people will buy a Cayman instead, anyway.

I found it interesting that they liked the Alfa so much while the guys at Evo magazine pretty much hated it... I liked the P1 review though, even though I'm not that fond of the car. I think today's crop of hypercars (P1, 918 and LaFerrari), while definitely technically better, lack the flair and soul of the last one (Carrera GT, SLR and Enzo).

Edited by Leonardo Drummond

An amusing caricature none the less.

Clarkson, Hammond and May crash about in Burma. It's puerile, it's silly and it's undeniably funny

Spoiler filled Guardian review with grudging admiration

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/mar/10/top-gear-review-jeremy-clarkson

"You know when you go and see your team play, and they're beaten, which is bad enough, but the other side – the enemy – plays such a blinder that you're forced to applaud, begrudgingly, even though you hate them? That."