Top Gear

Edwood

assuming you've all seen it by now...

thought the volcano action'd be great as a supplement to the polar special...

the reliant would've been fine if the steering wheel was on the correct side haha...

definitely excited about the new reasonably priced car idea, but not the car itself...

Bill Bailey's always a welcome addition & I 3>'d the Human League reference:)...

• 1 month later...

6 is the classic length of a series of a UK TV programme. I haven't yet seen all of this series of Top Gear, but if a 6 episode run means that they avoid descending into the gobshite bullshit overscripted overinflated farce of recent past, then good.

I'm with Duggeh on the 6 episodes per series

e.g.

Fawlty Towers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Twelve episodes were produced (two series each of six episodes).

Father Ted - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The first series comprised 6 episodes

The IT Crowd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and has run for four series of 6 episodes

I heard it put down to the fact that the UK shows typically have the original author(s) as writer(s), whereas US shows employ teams of writers, with the end goal being syndication for multiple 13 episode series ....

Classic, to wit, "traditional".

Since 1998 or 1999, the shift was to 8 epsiodes. Now there has been a shift to 10, 11, or 12. Depends on the show. Still uncommon to see a series length over 8 unless it's a flagship show.

Each series of Red Dwarf was 6 eps, except 8. (And Back To Earth, which was piss). Thats 6 from 1987 to 1997 IIRC. And 8 for 1997-1999. If they were to another one now, no way it'd be more than 8.

Edited by Duggeh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

saw the promo for "Top Gear"...was hoping they'd call it Top Gear America or uh...anything else...it looks really lame...i'm not looking forward to having to explain that it isn't the real show...will probably have to start referring to the original as British Top Gear...blah...shouldn't be so pessimistic...but the promo's pretty bad...

• 2 weeks later...