Apogee ONE

grawk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it is most likely different given that the duet is 24/96 capable but I am sure they did a great job with it.

I don't think that necessarily follows, it could just be a USB driver choice. All current dacs can do 24/96, so it is probably just the USB reciever.

I don't think that necessarily follows, it could just be a USB driver choice. All current dacs can do 24/96, so it is probably just the USB reciever.
Actually, I've seen a couple come out that don't -- surprisingly. (HRT MusicStreamer being the one example I can think of -- I think the other was on here [head-case] somewhere.) So the ONE can't? Fail. I'll pass. Too bad it's black.

I was just talking about the dac chips. I'd be shocked if apogee chose to use a dac chip that didn't support 24/96. I'm guessing (and that's all it is at this point, a guess), that the dac portion of the circuit is the same as the duet, it's just that the usb chipset is 16/48 instead of 24/96 to simplify implementation.

• 1 month later...