Michael Jackson RIP

John Willett

Sad day indeed. The king of pop is dead. :(

I'm from the generation that grew up watching him in awe and listening to his music. I have done custom remasters of Of The Wall, Thriller and Bad. On the night of the 24th I was remastering his Jackson 5 stuff.

May he rest in peace.

i remember my whole family getting a rented VHS copy of the music video Thriller and all my brothers and sister just sat and watched it over and over..like it was at that moment the most gigantic thing we seen ever in a music video..which it really was.

i remember seeing the video for Rock with you and falling in love with the laser as it was my first moment i seen of a effect like that and thinking i want to do that for my life..which i eventually really ended up doing..

i always understood why he was so messed up in the head, nobody can argue your going to grow up nuts when you have a childhood like he did....

regardless his music has made all of us dance to atleast of one his songs at some time in our lives, we know the words to atleast one of his songs, and nomatter what age we are we have seen atleast one of his videos..

guess tonight's last song at the bar will be from him, still i am shocked. then again i consider 50 to be young.

Sure, I have a lot more reverence for screw ball pedophiles too. The only thing I'm looking forward to beside having 6 months of constant jackson songs I've heard a hundred thousand times is some honest documentaries about how screwed up he really is. i'm sure that what we have seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg. Jackson was nuts in a way that was previously only reserved for Pharaohs.

Now he really can play the zombie?
But will he be a fast zombie or a slow zombie?
Have you thought as well that it could be a set up death and that the truth is he's alive and starting a new life?
You mean, like Agent Bourne?!?!? Or a witness in a witness protection program? But it's not like they could perform any plastic surgery.

It seems like the more vocal camps on this subject are lining up on the sides of deity vs nut-job pedophile.

I have refrained from really airing my thoughts on this or the other site due mostly to not wanting to get sucked in to a psychoanalysis of MJ. I did however, happen upon a eulogy of sorts on allmusic.com that I thought rather accurately described why his death has touched many of us beyond his appeal as a polarizing public figure. The last paragraph really sums it up appropriately.

The Allmusic Blog In Tribute: Michael Jackson

heh... I said touched.

I heard a rumor that he was not physically up to the upcoming tour (He was emaciated) and his practice sessions for the tour were really sucking. If he did the tour it was going to be really Bad (No Pun) and they would lose millions, and since the tour was insured for something like $50,000,000 the tour promoters had him killed.

I heard a rumor that he was not physically up to the upcoming tour (He was emaciated) and his practice sessions for the tour were really sucking. If he did the tour it was going to be really Bad (No Pun) and they would lose millions, and since the tour was insured for something like $50,000,000 the tour promoters had him killed.

actually that's not much for a big name tour. as far as the people my friends talked to was that they had a huge screen and was planning on giving the concert goes 3d glasses which was all M.J.'s idea. the tour had something like 35 semi's full of gear planned out which is pretty normal for a gigantic arena type concert. M.J. was known to work round the clock with the dancers and head techs to find tune the show as it became closer for release. few artists where so involved into the planning process of a live show or concert, Diddy and Prince are another two that are known for this..

also in the concert business with a big name like M.J. selling the tickets a promoter cant really lose money. remember the promoter is the first and last to get paid, sure they already made good money on the tour.

• 1 month later...