Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

I like cats, unfortunately I am allergic to cats. My wife is also allergic to cats.

This is mooch, the only cat I ever had.

60693493.jpg

He came with the house when we bought it and was exclusively an outdoor cat. But he'd stop by every night at 6:00 and meow outside the door till I came out and sat with him for a bit. Unfortunately the environment around the house is not exactly cat friendly and mooch is no longer with us.

Bad iphone picture taken of Ivan the Monster, who is 23 pounds and still growing, but not even fat. You can't even see that his paws are enormous, since he has the one all tucked up. He's a real pain, but I kinda like him for it.

boomana-albums-boomana-s-pics-picture851-photo.jpg

Oh...and cute kittens, Dusty and Pabbi.

Dusty, is that tossed kitty grass in pic #2? Very cute kitty BTW.

I have a 9.5 month old Abyssinian that plays fetch and can go for walks on a lead, though is now pretty much just an indoor cat. She also meows (caterwauls) and bugs the living shit outta me if she wants to play. She has me so wrapped around her paw that it's not funny.

Here's a vid that the gf posted on Tube to show her friends. Around five mths at the time. She (Meryl) really digs Supreme Beings of Leisure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCzxDPLzkWI]YouTube - Delicious[/ame]

And Meryl's reaction to being stuck on the Tube: facepalm with a Pffft for good measure.

facepalmpffftcombo.jpg

The kitty above is Bolivia. She's about 9 and came to us about a year ago from the Tree House Humane Society which is a cageless no-kill cat shelter in Chicago. She had been rescued from a hoarder in southern Illinois about 2 years ago. If you like cats and are in Chicago and are interested in seeing a 3 story house with 300 cats roaming around, go to the Tree House. It's an experience.

Below is Mani. We lost him about a year and a half ago from large cell lymphoma. He topped out at about 20 pounds and could stretch to nearly 4 feet long. He loved us, but did not like anyone else -- he would lay with his belly up just waiting to bite anyone who thought it might be soft and pet-able. His vet needed two people with leather gloves to hold him down.

mani_001.jpg

Well I'll jump on the kitty dog-pile. My first cat was a russian blue so I have a bias towards those cats.

Dusty, your new kitty looks adorable. It makes me want to get another cat.

Here's a picture of my cat that I got about 8 months ago. he's become an adult and has shed some of his goofy kitten looks to become a gorgeous cat.

IMG_2703.jpg

• Like 1

yeah he has curly fir. His bread is called a selkirk rex. They're a new breed so they have a variety of looks unless you're looking at getting a show quality cat. I found mine at the humane society though and he was the cutest ugly little guy in the world as you can see from this pic when I first got him.

kitty2-1.jpg

Unfortunately I lost my favorite pics of my kitties when my photo hosting site went down. But I'll see what I can do about finding some of Zoe (the runt who I've had since she was found abandoned @ 2 weeks old) and Koshka, the one-eyed cat who picked me when I went to the SPCA to find a new cat.

At my last college apartment, one of the strays thought we were the owners. Down the hall, the maintenance guy would put out a big bowl of food for the strays that get left behind. Since we were the only apartment in the hall, the cats thought it was us and would leave us mice at our door once a week.

That is my only cat story.

Unfortunately I lost my favorite pics of my kitties when my photo hosting site went down. But I'll see what I can do about finding some of Zoe (the runt who I've had since she was found abandoned @ 2 weeks old) and Koshka, the one-eyed cat who picked me when I went to the SPCA to find a new cat.

Zoe

92212067.jpg

This thread makes me sad. Had to put the family cat to sleep last month. She was suffering from a hyperthyroid and was loosing about a pound a week.

I'm sorry about that. It's always so hard to lose one's pets. Couldn't her hyperthyroid be controlled with Tapazole? Our oldest cat also has hyperthroidism but is doing well on Tapazole. We've stabilized his weight and, apparently, his metabolism.

I'm sorry about that. It's always so hard to lose one's pets. Couldn't her hyperthyroid be controlled with Tapazole? Our oldest cat also has hyperthroidism but is doing well on Tapazole. We've stabilized his weight and, apparently, his metabolism.

We tried giving her medications, but she was impossible to give a pill to. The vet was even unable to medicate her. It got to the point where it was just tormenting her to much, so since she was about 15, we elected to make her as comfortable as possible and when she started getting sick we decided it was time.