Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

We tried giving her medications, but she was impossible to give a pill to. The vet was even unable to medicate her. It got to the point where it was just tormenting her to much, so since she was about 15, we elected to make her as comfortable as possible and when she started getting sick we decided it was time.

I understand. Our cat is the same way. The tapazole we have is in cream form. You put a dose from a syringe on your finger and then rub it inside the ear, where there is little hair. We have to dose him twice a day, but it's become like petting him and he doesn't fight it now.

DSCN0538.jpg

I posted this one a while ago of me visiting a friend who has the hairless cat seen in this picture. It is my proudest moment.

That will be my next cat one day in the near future!

I've wanted the Canadian Hairless for quite some time. I just think they're awesome.

I won't mention the Red body-tard. :)

I understand. Our cat is the same way. The tapazole we have is in cream form. You put a dose from a syringe on your finger and then rub it inside the ear, where there is little hair. We have to dose him twice a day, but it's become like petting him and he doesn't fight it now.

Well that trully sucks. I guess that is the downside of living in the sticks. Had we had the option of a cream presented to us, we could have done that easily. It was never metioned to us by the vet.

I'm truly sorry about your loss and sorry to have caused more pain. I thought about not posting it but decided that you needed to know about this form of medication. You might want to ask your vet about it. You might want to check out other vets if you have other pets or get another in the future.

Finding a good vet is very hard. Having had issues in the past, it is hard for me to trust them. There are some great ones, but many of them remind me of the servers at Applebees, they are always going for the upsell.

3682123292_2cd653b5d5.jpg

On the the lighter side...

He likes to hide from the vacuum.

3681293175_1a95f8a274.jpg

No problem, but my Lab will not be going to that vet anymore. Time to find a new one.

I think looking around for a new vet sounds like a smart idea. He/she doesn't seem to be up on modern veterinarian products.

Also, I forgot this in my last post. My sister uses this method to give her cat pills.

I think looking around for a new vet sounds like a smart idea. He/she doesn't seem to be up on modern veterinarian products.

Also, I forgot this in my last post. My sister uses this method to give her cat pills.

Would not have worked with my cat. About all she would the last 2 months she was alive was the gravy off of Tender Vittles. She would leave the solid parts. Made the dog happy though. She got the leftovers along with her normal food and must have gained 5 pounds those 2 months.

And for no other reason than we love them and that they seem to us to be the cutest cats in the world...

dscn2304.jpg

... we have Jazz, who is a ragdoll, but she doesn't know that means she's supposed to behave a certain way. She just thinks she's a kitten.

dscn1789.jpg

...and Enigma, helping Bonnie read a magazine.

-Carl

I talked about radioactive treatment for our cat with our vet. She said that she often sees kidney problems later in cats that get it. This is hardly scientific, but we decided not to go that direction. If our cat were younger, we would have explored that option more carefully.

I talked about radioactive treatment for our cat with our vet. She said that she often sees kidney problems later in cats that get it. This is hardly scientific, but we decided not to go that direction.

Just as an opposite data point, our vet said essentially the opposite, that she has seen issues with years of pills but that the radiation is pretty benign. I have no idea what the right answer is, of course. But, as I say, our kitty takes her pills so well that it is not an issue yet. For those that don't, a slight chance of kidney issues down the road seems like a reasonable risk.

Here she is proofreading something for me.

post-1078-12951154023882_thumb.jpg

Here she is proofreading something for me.

Cats are always very helpful with paperwork. My old cat used to help me grade papers by chewing and ripping at the edges to help reduce my workload once I'd fallen asleep. She tried her best. The students also seemed to appreciate her marks more than mine.

SOTA "Moonbeam," aka Rambo Bose Kitty....great friend, one-time brief unofficial Head-Fi mascot thanks to Photochop.

Rambo_Bose_Kitty.jpg

This guy peaked at around 32lbs, and when he passed away he was down to about 17lbs. Oddly, he died of Melanoma, apparently very rare in cats....

Pic a bit before he left us

Sota_Jun18.jpg

A few months later, we got Gryphon (L) and Tab....wonderful friends, too (but no SOTA)

new_cats.jpg

Just saw on the news tonight where the local Petco is offering $200 for return of kitten. The kitten had recently been rescued from animal shelter and was being held at Petco for new owner to pickup. A man (caught on video) walked out of the store with it. Can't for the life of me figure out why someone would steal a kitten. I never realized there was a shortage or they were that rare.

Just saw on the news tonight where the local Petco is offering $200 for return of kitten. The kitten had recently been rescued from animal shelter and was being held at Petco for new owner to pickup. A man (caught on video) walked out of the store with it. Can't for the life of me figure out why someone would steal a kitten. I never realized there was a shortage or they were that rare.

There is absolutely no scummy, despicable act that can't find somebody to commit it. Shoplifting a kitten? Can't say I've heard of that before but sadly, I'm not surprised.

-Carl