Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

Tel Aviv is a city overrun with cats, but most people are rather fond of them. Cat food all over the place, and usually a small pile of (living) cat underneath or lying on top of every car.

Here are two pics of my favourite local, who never hesitates to say hello to me, and sometimes even comes with for a little walk...

web.jpg?ver=12472381950001

web.jpg?ver=12472381950001

And one micro cat

web.jpg?ver=12472381700001

The island I live on has tons of stray cats. At around 5:00 you can drive around and watch all the businesses and private citizens putting out cat food.

I feed about 5-10 cats myself. They keep the snakes away, and they're safe from coyotes inside my fence.

I'm not much for cats but a girl that works for me is breeding them and two were born about 10 days ago.

20090701172036_10.jpg

Those are the cutest things ever.

My kitty (yes, I already think of him as mine) was touch and go for a while -- she had found a local recipient, but then changed her mine mind.

My cat was touch and go for a while -- she was acting constipated (left as an exercise for the reader to determine what, exactly, I mean by that). She's all better nao.

• 4 weeks later...
Cha-cha would make a great cat's name.

No doubt about it unless you live in a French location/culture. In that case ''Cha-cha'' would be exactly the same as if you called a pet ''Cat-cat'' in an English location....;)

Amicalement

P.S.

Currently we have 3 names left on the final list:

Gropius (thinking of Walter)

Picasso

Merlin

No doubt about it unless you live in a French location/culture. In that case ''Cha-cha'' would be exactly the same as if you called a pet ''Cat-cat'' in an English location....;)

We have a Sun Conure whose official name is Sunny. However, we just call him "Bird-bird" now. Also, "Cha-cha" in English is pronounced with a hard "ch" sound, so it sounds a lot different than "Chat-chat" (soft ch) does.

Amicalement

P.S.

Currently we have 3 names left on the final list:

Gropius (thinking of Walter)

Picasso

Merlin

What? You're not going to even consider "Adolf"? ;)