Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have been adopted.

post-1031-0-42324400-1385437689_thumb.jp

This is Donut. He walked into our yard out of the clear blue whatever about three weeks ago, just like Enigma did fourteen years ago. We asked around, posted found cat posters, checked the internet, had him checked for a microchip, put a collar with a note on him - all the things we did with Enigma - and nobody stepped up to take responsibility for him. Apparently, the poor guy was just dumped at the end of our street.

He's moved into a guest kitty suite in the garage now and we took our second trip to the vet today. He passed all his blood tests and is cleared to move into the house when he is ready. 

So I guess now he's officially family.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My son got an early Christmas present, a 14 week old kitten from a local "non-kill" animal shelter. Ben has been heartbroken since Greystone died, and having trouble sleeping without his cat. We took him to visit over 18 different kittens and cats, and last Tuesday he picked one that looks a little like his old cat. We're debating over names, like Smokey, Shadow, or Cinder. His sisters like Milo.

His temperament is great - he likes people, loves to head butt, nudge, cuddle and play. He seems like a mix of 90% Russian blue and 10% grey tabby (very faint lines that are hard to see). Over the next week we'll be introducing our other cat to this one's safe place while this one visit's the others spaces. Then they'll meet each other slowly, and if all goes well then he can meet the dog next (Snickers, the Sheltie).

post-905-0-59949900-1387791329_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Video of a lynx calling, taken by a Parks Canada employee in my neck of the woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlYL1F56fRg

I've seen most of the coolest predators in this area (wolves, black bears, cougars, various owls), and the lynx is probably my favourite to see.  They're just so damn awesome, and they don't panic and run away when they see people, so you can get a good long look at their behaviour.

• Like 1