Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

• 6 months later...

Just in case you were in need of such a thing......

This is the greatest thing since deodorizing litter:

lg-83159-67647K_007-cat.jpg

The Our Pets WonderBowl Selective feeder

http://www.amazon.com/OurPets-WonderBowl-Selective-Pet-Feeder/dp/B00C1BYETO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408160857&sr=8-1&keywords=wonder+bowl

There, or at drsfosterandsmith.com (from whence I stole the picture)

Cat wears an infrared pendant key thingie and his/her private bowl opens just for him or her. We've had two of them - for Enigma and Jazz - for a few months now. And it actually works! Everybody gets their own food. We know who's eating what. Life is good. Donut still has a regular bowl. He was the one who was getting bigger while the girls were getting tinier, so he's not in need of reserved food.

I wish the pendant was smaller, but the cats don't seem to mind at all. It took a while to teach Enigma to use it, but she taught Jazz in an afternoon. Battery life on the bowl has been excellent. Battery life on the pendants has been OK, but to be fair, who knows what kind of ratty batteries they sourced as OEM. (our D-cells for the bowl, OEM 2032 for the pendant)

• Like 2

Hurray, they slept together!  Came across a dark furry blob last night that was too big to be either one of them individually, upon closer inspection, they were spooning.  They still tussle, but I think I can stop worrying that one of them is going to "accidentally" kill the other.

Also, Skye is up to 9 lbs., so Bobby is no longer 2ce her size (at 16 lbs.).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took Skye to the vet today -- she was getting fatter, I thought it might be worms or something.  Nope, she's just getting fatter -- she stopped growing a couple months ago, and the vet explained that it's often the cats don't get used to their new metabolism right away.  However, we need to fix this now, because if it goes on for a couple years, she could get diabetes, so I'm going to have to get one of them wonderbowls for Bobby (he's at a good weight and looking pretty good now, actually).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skye turned one recently...alright, like over a month ago, but still...recently.  Her gotcha day was 7/9.  I missed it.   :(  I still have her.   :)

Happy first birthday!

--

My old gal, Sushi, turns 17 in October! She has been an indoor cat basically the entire second half of her life which seems to have kept her in good health. She is still as fussy, affectionate and spry as she was 5-10 years ago.

ntYBovLh.jpg

• Like 10