Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Potentially renaming Tacocat to Kikiki (so like Kiki, except 150% more), but not doing it officially until I stop changing my mind, I've already changed it twice.

Still in quarantine, draws blood less often, but has destroyed not one but two litter mats.  WTF?  I've never seen this before.  This kind:

https://www.chewy.com/frisco-paw-shaped-cat-litter-mat/dp/193007?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Frisco&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqdP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8Aks8QgOraW2MO69eNR30Oa_5ES2WnObUBXqWyy5Pgr7Hj6_MRC-Zf8aAsqHEALw_wcB

Going to keep her in quarantine even if she tests clean for worms next week.  I don't want her doing that to Bobby.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skullguise said:

Wow, what happened between "very affectionate" to "drawing blood less often" ???

She’s still very affectionate, but also I think the hunter instinct is still very strong in her.  She doesn’t use her claws on me all the time, so she is learning, I just feel we still have a long way to go.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skullguise said:

You could go with the longest single-word palindrome....but it may be tough to pronounce (and has little relevance to kitties, I'd hope)

"saippuakivikauppias"

The longest known palindromic word is saippuakivikauppias (19 letters), which is Finnish for a dealer in lye (caustic soda)

I like that it is "Kivik" for short...hmm...

I've got a black cat that came with the house. He came wandering up after we moved in.

It took months to transition him to the indoors. He was king of the backyard, doing battle with anything that moved.

He would kill it and drop it on the back patio. After three years, we don't let him out at all.

We do let him out in the screen porch. He likes lap sitting, but quite often extends his claws

when he's purring and getting a rub. so affectionate and blood letting go hand in hand around here.

• Like 3