Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

Piper started calling her Jelly Bean and it seems to have stuck. 

Integration is going pretty well. Nutella seems wary of another female, but Marshmallow seems to have accepted her quickly. They play together a lot and Lauren sent me this earlier today. 

B1EE5E93-FD04-4BB1-B7DA-0A2DD5D92384.thumb.jpeg.329d3e34da297dbf8bf50b9269000579.jpeg

I’m happy to call that a win. 

And even though she’s still getting settled, there clearly isn’t too much drama. from yesterday…

80BB62FB-8759-460E-97CF-E88276C691D3.thumb.jpeg.4eb0969f2d0d681ba3b53f44e2c2b5ab.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, en480c4 said:

Piper started calling her Jelly Bean and it seems to have stuck.

We have a cat named Jellybean :)

jb.thumb.jpg.d4ed08d050a49b6619ec127e629adbbf.jpg

It's also the name of Craig's cat on Malcolm in the Middle.

MV5BMmI1ZDVjNzQtMDIwMC00ZTgxLTk1YzQtZjZmZGQzMDQ4ZmM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA0OTQyODE@._V1_.thumb.jpg.b7b6695ecc266f65ce381f4407d737a2.jpg

27 minutes ago, en480c4 said:

but Marshmallow seems to have accepted her quickly.

and Marshmallow is the name of Dewey's dog

dewey.jpg.1a56b545493a4de450ae3c40ceea56ba.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well, not sure which one did it, but Lauren found my recently purchased matched pair of JJ ECC88 Gold Pins downstairs with the boxes torn apart.  Pretty sure the newest kitty stole them from my desk and knocked them down the stairs from my office.  They looked intact, so I tried them and found one or both are trashed.  They weren't too expensive, but a bit of a bummer since I didn't have a chance to try them in the Valhalla 2.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, en480c4 said:

Well, not sure which one did it, but Lauren found my recently purchased matched pair of JJ ECC88 Gold Pins downstairs with the boxes torn apart.  Pretty sure the newest kitty stole them from my desk and knocked them down the stairs from my office.  They looked intact, so I tried them and found one or both are trashed.  They weren't too expensive, but a bit of a bummer since I didn't have a chance to try them in the Valhalla 2.

I dropped a valve on to a hard wooden floor and although it looked intact the insulation between the heating element and the cathode was damaged. (I checked it on a avo iv valve tester and it had <1Mohm insulation heater to cathode)  it was even possible to see a little of the white insulation lose in the bottom of the valve. So this is one possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Nutella cost us $1,300 and counting today. Against our better judgement, we left some party decorations up for Piper’s birthday week. Found some chewed pieces of plastic streamers on the ground yesterday morning, and she didn’t finish her breakfast so I feared the worst. After multiple rounds of vomiting, including parts of streamers, she spent much of the day at the emergency vet. Long-story-short, looks like she’s going to be OK without surgery. I’ve admittedly been a bit of a mess… It was not a fun night, or enhaoyable day waiting to hear. 

And everyone was determined to welcome her home. 

059CC040-208D-4ABF-9893-4F77FD145FDF.thumb.jpeg.953b09e7ba38fd42558e8dda4c56042e.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, n_maher said:

@en480c4 - let me know if there are tubes that need testing or if you need to borrow a tube tester.  Glad to hear that kitty is ok.

Thanks Nate.  I thought you had gotten rid of your tester... I'd definitely like to know if they're salvageable!

Edited by en480c4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

With the three cats bonded with three members of the family, Piper was feeling left out. So now we’re a four cat family. Picked up a female Flame Point Siamese tonight from the same rescue as our two other meezers. Just over a year old. We haven’t settled in a name yet, but with Nutella, Marshmallow and Jelly Bean, we kind of feel the need to stay on-brand. 

IMG_7282.jpeg

Tough to get a good picture because she won’t stop moving to get more pets. 

IMG_7278.jpeg

But she’s settling in quickly. We’ll keep her separated from the other kitties for a few days. And I think it’s safe to say we’re good on cats. 

• Like 7