Firefox 3.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Safari 4 in Snow Leopard is so insanely quick (anything clicked on in GMail loads instantly) if it weren't for the better adblock plug-ins in Firefox and other stuff, as well as the INSANE memory bloat, I'd be using Safari now. I opened 4 tabs in Safari: GMail x2 (one for a domain), me.com and HF, and Safari was using 450 MB of RAM!

Am I being obtuse? Where are the installation instructions for Linux? What am I supposed to run, updater?

Depends, I guess, on if they've packaged it for your distro.

Personally, I always grab the tarball on the Firefox site and end up with a freestanding installation. Which is great if you do lots of web pages, but a pain if all you want to do is use the damn browser. (Having to re-do links and icons and the like. )

I prefer Opera anyway. In my case, it's just download the RPM and it magically upgrades.

Speaking of which, is anybody using the beta of Opera 10? Does it do anything wonderful?

-Carl

• 2 weeks later...
For me, FF 3.5 is much faster than Safari 4 on my mac. Safari seems to have many delays in loading pages.

I have noticed this too. It will occasionally just stall, for lack of a better word. The latest build is much better in this regard and I've started using it again after having switched over to FF for a while.