The E500's are in...I'm impressed!

KenW

Talk about timing...USPS and FedEx both arrive at exactly the same time with Mr. USPS carrying my new Pint amp and Mr. FedEx carries my E500 and Cardas mini-mini!

Fired thing up and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Most definitely THE most comfortable IEM's I've ever worn. First impressions on the sonics is also very positive.

Yummmm!!!

7e8b0c86.jpg

If anyone wants more pics of the E500's, let me know. I was at the office and so was the camera!! ;)

Congrats on your new toy, Ken! Keep us posted if you do any comparisons between your full-sized cans.

I was really looking forward to getting a pair, but new front suspension for my car put an end to that plan. :(

Forget a suspension. Get a bike instead. You'll save gas $$ and be in better shape. Besides, you get to spend more time listening to the E500's while riding. Of course, there are those who think riding with IEMs in your ears is stupid and dangerous so.....

That is the Creative Vision: M right? How is that minidock? Does it stay in alright?

Yep. It's the ZVM and the dock stays in rather well. Actually, it's very snug and takes a bit of prying to get it out. Wish it and the entire ZVM were black but I guess I can't have everything. Honestly, I didn't realize the dock had a line out until someone mentioned it. I'd been charging with it only as I didn't have an amp and really had no plans to buy one. Guess I wasn't paying attention! Nice in that the players volume is bypassed altogether so I'm assuming that it's a true line out? Don't know for sure but I'm thinking it is. I'm not a big techno expert on such things so perhaps someone else would know if it's a true line out?

So far so good. Can't wait to see what the pint can do with the Grados and Senns tonight.

Yep. It's the ZVM and the dock stays in rather well. Actually, it's very snug and takes a bit of prying to get it out. Wish it and the entire ZVM were black but I guess I can't have everything. Honestly, I didn't realize the dock had a line out until someone mentioned it. I'd been charging with it only as I didn't have an amp and really had no plans to buy one. Guess I wasn't paying attention! Nice in that the players volume is bypassed altogether so I'm assuming that it's a true line out? Don't know for sure but I'm thinking it is. I'm not a big techno expert on such things so perhaps someone else would know if it's a true line out?
Damnit... I didn't get it through the Dell Canada deal [~$250 CDN] when I had the chance because I was worried about this and couldn't find any info on it. Looks like I will be kicking myself for missing out now. Did the mini dock come with it or did you have to purchase it as a seperate accessory?

Damnit... I didn't get it through the Dell Canada deal [~$250 CDN] when I had the chance because I was worried about this and couldn't find any info on it. Looks like I will be kicking myself for missing out now. Did the mini dock come with it or did you have to purchase it as a seperate accessory?

The dock came with it. Seems that if you lose the dock, you're royally screwed since you can't charge without it an you also can't tranfer tunes without it either! Call it a "must have and must keep" piece of equipment. Guess I should have known about the audio out as it's part of the audio/video that you can purchase a cable for and play the movies/tunes on your zvm on your TV or stereo. Haven't purchased that yet as I doubt I'd ever use it. For sure, this is my last HD based player though. From this point on I'm strictly a flash type guy.

• 1 month later...

Well, not to butt in, but....

I've had the E500 for awhile now and put some good time in with them. I don't find them lacking in the bass region. At first I thought they had too much bass, but with burn in the mid and highs came into their own. I believe they sound very natural. Good response across the FR overall. They have their shortcoming like anything else, but I've really enjoyed them so far.

I should mention that my only other IEM experience is with the SHURE E2c. I have heard the UE lineup at the Natioanl meet and I liked them as well but I can't speak about them with any authority.

ken, how do you find the bass of the e500. For portable listening is it sufficient? One of my biggest worry is that it won;t have enough bass for me.

You use to have the EB's. How does it compare to that?

Mikey,

No IEM will have enough bass for you, Mr. PS-1 with flats. :D

Best,

-Jason