Toronto Seems to be Waking Up

GlendaleViper

Just a heads up to my fellow GTA-based migrants, it appears there's been some heavy interest in a meet sometime soon. I have put myself out there as organizer if it ends up going anywhere, but there's no way I'm hosting a room of gangly highschool students unless the usual suspects are interested...

As usual, I'm in it for the beer and the conversation, so I'm sure we can get something going. Let me know.

Cheers,

~Ryan

I have put myself out there as organizer if it ends up going anywhere, but there's no way I'm hosting a room of gangly highschool students unless the usual suspects are interested...

Do it as an invite only meet then, keeps the size nice & manageable as well.

oh and if you see a long-brown-haired, un-shaven (with only pathetic, schoolboy growth) freak, wearing snazzy black shoes and jeans (blue or dark grey) despite the heat, streeting a pair of SR325s, and probably playing air instruments, come say hi!

edit: just kidding about streeting the SR325s... it'll be the triple.fis.

Is that why it smells worse than usual here? :P

Just rolled in today, leaving Thursday... gonna be pulling a couple of all-nighters at TEC.

xand1x, where's the shop with the most/best/coolest bass guitars 'round these parts?

Nice! How do you like it here? I hope you brought that D-1 with you ;). Hmm i'll have to get back to you on the most/best/coolest best guitar shop but stay posted!

Nice! How do you like it here? I hope you brought that D-1 with you ;). Hmm i'll have to get back to you on the most/best/coolest best guitar shop but stay posted!
Hey, not my first time here but am far from an expert on The Big Smoke. I like it here. D1 a bit much to lug on the plane :P

Will stay posted on the bass thing. I'm a huge Rickenbacker nut (have a 4003, 4001C64 and 660/12 all in JetGlo), so anywhere with Ric's will work... would love to lay my hands on some Sadowskys as well, very little in Vancouver... or groovy jazz basses... had a lot of fun playing one of those stand-up electric NS thingers last time I was in Montreal... anything that's not basic Squiers and Ibanez, really, would be fun!

Gonna try to hit up the 12th Fret, bought my Larrivee L-04R over the internets from them last year, would love to see their shop in person!

Damn, too bad. Congrats on Vancouver though, one of the nicest places on planet earth.
It sure is pretty... but if my French was better I'd move back to Montreal (where I was born...) in a heartbeat. The gulf between the wealthy and the fucked in Vancouver is getting a little too silly for my tastes... plus I make pretty decent money and couldn't possibly afford to buy a place I'd enjoy living in without really overextending myself. Fuck it.

I'll be setting up something, but to steal Ryans line, I've got no better date than soon. Bunch of shit happening over the next couple months and crazy busy at work. Going to sit down with my girlfriend and figure things out... if there is a free weekend, I'll get things rolling on this. Otherwise, it might have to wait a bit unfortunately.