Final 0.3 electrostatic hybrids

cetoole

Does anyone know anything about these speakers? Since they are made by Final Sound, I presume they are inverted ESL, though this model has a 7" alloy woofer handling the low end with the 48" ESL panel for mids and up. There obviously are going to be some issues with reflections, and I bet they are very sensitive to the room, but still, pretty interesting looking. Seen a few good reviews, but from unknown sources.

final03.gif

Does anyone know anything about these speakers? Since they are made by Final Sound, I presume they are inverted ESL, though this model has a 7" alloy woofer handling the low end with the 48" ESL panel for mids and up. There obviously are going to be some issues with reflections, and I bet they are very sensitive to the room, but still, pretty interesting looking. Seen a few good reviews, but from unknown sources.

final03.gif

I heard them when I was auditioning speakers about 9 years ago (and ended up with ESL988's). I don't remember what the equipment was, but it was certainly top shelf at least in terms of price. The room was rather large, and they were noticeably unable to fill it, particularly at the bottom end. They had a pair of not quite working properly ESL63's sitting round the back that I asked them to pull out just to compare, and they sounded more the business, even in a room that was too large for them.

From the little I remember, the sound, though not full, was certainly pleasant and had plenty of air, speed and clarity without being 'bright'. But that woofer really seemed to under-perform. Compared to something like the QUAD's, the only reason I can see for going for these would be aesthetic/cosmetic. They are much smaller in their footprint than QUAD's, however still have the same need to be placed well away from the back wall (which conversely doesn't allow you to get the most out of the cone woofer...).

Guest sachu

Never heard them or the Martin Logans. I have heard these Electrostatic hybrids though and they sound wonderful. Made in India of course. Will get to spend more time with them when i go visiting in October.

They have a pretty decent following among British audiophiles.

Rumor is that they have 2 prototype electrostatic headphones as well which sound great (custom energizer as well). But no plans of putting it into mass production.