i just got a job!!!

mjg

Hey guys,

just felt like bragging... some of you might recall i've been searching since I graduated in May. i just landed a pretty decent job doing software development. The company provides email hosting sort of similar to Gmail and has some pretty good clients. It's a very small startup (5 years old I feel). They are very enthusiastic abotu having me aboard, and hired me mostly for my personality (more so then my non-existant pro experience in coding).

I am so dam psyched u guys got no idea... After like 15 interviews this summer I just about had it. I've heard just about every excuse for No, lots of people just refusing to call me back, and idiotic head hunters that made me wanna stab my eyes ... so dam frustrated.

Anyway, now i can finally afford some new toys, and can afford to fun things and shit.

Peace to you guys, i'm in my element now, so goddamn happy.

thanks guys,

yes beer and hookers on me!

Thaddy, congrats on your job too, ir emember reading about your move and starting off the new job. How is it going so far?

Upgrades? Well i sort of like my setup for right now... now i can actually pay off some debt, and I want to save for some PS1's. ; )

Pay off debt so you can get right back into it from the PS-1's :P

The new job is great. I'm also working for a company that develops software, but we're in the energy and natural gas markets (are there any other markets in Houston?). Our applications manage bids, nominations, and calculate future settlements. From what I've seen, we save the ISO's quite a bit of money 8)

This Bud's for you...

congrats to yous guys! now rack up the headphone debt! >:D

D02A + Cardas 650 cable + balanced Enigma 650 cable + balanced TPA6120-based amp in the works...

:'(

Eh, it's ok, it's all worth it. I'd never put it all on credit and I've still got plenty of dough to pay the rent, stock the fridge, and fill the tank ;D I guess that's a major benefit of being single in a city that's very cheap to live.

dam thaddy, goign balanced is a huge step.

I'm gonna have zach finally recable my rs1 once i get my first pay check... staying single ended tho... not ready to make such a bold step (unless i can find a nice balanced/single ended amp so i dont need to recable everything).

Well the amp isn't really balanced, as it takes single-ended inputs. I still get those GS-X pipe dreams though...but for now I'm staying single-ended as well. I'm just too attached to the Millet 8)

Mark what conductor are you going to have him use? I've never heard RS-1's but I'd very much like to own a pair in the future to see what they're all about.