Ergonomic mouse similar to Logitech Nano V450?

I need a new, ergonomic mouse. Stacy bought me a Logitech Nano V450 last night and I like everything about it except it's too small and not ergonomic. Can somebody please suggest a mouse with similar characteristics to the Nano (laser and wireless included) in a full size, ergonomic package?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Be wary of this mouse. I received one as a warranty replacement for an MX1000, and I found it to be too narrow in the thumb reigon, which made my hand hurt over time. It seemed fine at first, so an in-store trial wouldn't necessarily reveal whether it would work or not.

After that I went to a G5, which I found very comfortable.

I had nothing but horrible experience with Logitech and an MX Revolution. Mouse didn't work properly (kept skipping around the screen, impossible to do any precision work, randomly clicked and double and triple clicked, etc), and Logitech wouldn't replace it for me. Happened on multiple computers, too.

Then again, my other MX Revolution is absolutely amazing, and so is the MX-1000 and 1100.

Try the MX1100. It's taller than the Revolution, but it's more ergonomic.

If you consider a trying a wider variety: I`m using an evoluent verticalmouse2, Version 3 of which is wireless and optical. It gets recommended for carpal tunnel syndrome and rsi (it helped solve and since prevent my mild rsi). The best prices for these tend to appear via ebay.

vm3w-sm.jpg

its been reliable and does comfortably fill the hand.

• 2 weeks later...
the Razer Mamba is amazing. i like my Logitech G7, but once it goes, i'll get a Mamba. i game some times, but most of my mouse time is regular computer use, and the Mamba is great for that.

I bought raffy's Mamba after reading this glowing recommendation. The feel is a little wider than I'm used to, but not bad, just different. I'm trying to get used to how fast the mouse tracks. I'm still overshooting everything. If I can't get used to it, I'll have to slow it down. In the end, if I can't get used to the Mamba, I figure I can just sell it to Jacob. :P

Isn't there a setting for the speed?

There's a setting for all kinds of shit.

it has DPI settings for a reason, the default setting is crazy fast. your figuring is probably correct, but i don't want to spend that much on another mouse when i have a perfectly nice G7, so i hope you can get it running correctly for you :)

I just slowed it down to 1200 DPI. I'm much happier with it at this speed.

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect this thread. The battery that came with the Mamba just died and I'm looking to get a replacement. Before I choose something semi-randomly choose something from a Google list, I thought I'd ask this knowledgeable crowd if they could recommend a particular replacement battery or vendor. So, any recommendations?

If you consider a trying a wider variety: I`m using an evoluent verticalmouse2, Version 3 of which is wireless and optical. It gets recommended for carpal tunnel syndrome and rsi (it helped solve and since prevent my mild rsi). The best prices for these tend to appear via ebay.

vm3w-sm.jpg

its been reliable and does comfortably fill the hand.

I've been using the VM2 for years... awesomest mouse ever for comfort. Sadly they stopped making the lefty version a while back, just as well I have two! :)