Videos

blessingx

3 hours ago, ironbut said:

Audition At RCA

Here's a great article about the filming of this real audition and what became of the demo and the artists involved.

It's great to see the workings of what happened in the studio recording these tunes.

http://www.jazzwax.com/2017/07/complete-audition-at-rca.html

It's also really interestingly shot.  I put it on in the background to listen mainly to the music, and I found myself watching it.  Whoever the cameraman is, he really has a good eye.

Thanks!  Gem!

• 2 months later...

When I was looking for a place/town/state to move to, Humboldt County was on my short list. 

One of the reasons was the music scene in Eureka and the towns around Humboldt State University.

I haven't thought about it in a while but one thing I had planned to do was look up Chuck Johnson over in Ferndale. He was making some outstanding music videos called the "Humboldt Live Sessions".

Check it out (there are quite a few with interesting acts in interesting settings).

BTW, if you stick around to the end, Humboldt State is heavy on the study of everything ocean.

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You know, I heard the same thing about the band KISS. But I refuse to believe that. 

Damn, now that I'm hyper aware of this issue, I don't believe I've ever seen The Cardigans wearing a cardigan! Or The Carpenters ever holding a hammer! This is rocking my world!

Thank God for The Butthole Surfers!

• Haha 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...