A Switcher for A/B'ing Headphone Amps?

The Monkey

As many of you know, I have (and love) the Manley SkipJack. It's really a neat little device with many cool uses. I've been using it primarily to compare DACs, as it allows for very quick and quiet switching. One thing that occurred to me was that the SkipJack could really use a headphone jack so that one could do the same thing with headphone amps.

Is that something that already exists? Put another way, is there a passive device into which you can plug a pair of phones and then switch back of forth quickly between two amps?

Hope it's reliably break before make :)

Very much so (thought if you press 2 buttons at the same time you might be able to force it) also all things are switched (at least in my balanced one) so no chance for shorting that I can see. Though you might end up with one amp apply voltage to the outputs of the other.

If I were to recommend anything I'd make sure it was rated as a speaker switch to make sure it could handle the potential voltage/current.

Good point. I have my doubts that headphones require a speaker switch but I'm not sure of the power handling capability of those switches.

So instead of the Kramer use a speaker switch box.

You know, Dinny,I used to use my left hand for switching, but lately, find the right to be it's equal.

ymmv may vary, but in this test, I am a right brain troglodyte:

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test | PerthNow

Help! Al, Vicki, John, Mike, Matt ... anyone .. that's not me, is it?

Muhahaha ... of course it's me.

I have and love the Manley Skipjack, so no arguments on that device allowed (per secret canjam oath with eam).