Wanted: SpeakerAmp with Digital Inputs

Contrastique

Hello all,

It's been a while and I hope all of you are doing fine :)

I am looking for some advice. The speaker amp broke down again and it's time for something more decent. The problem is we want to have a minimum of 2 (preferably) digital inputs to attach our sources to. It seems quite hard to find.

Does anyone have an idea on where to look?

Thanx in advance!

I think there may be someone trying to sell a Tact s2150 amp if you look HERE ;). 3 coaxial inputs, 1 optical and 1 balanced, as well as direct analog inputs (ADC).

Haha thanx for the heads up. I live in Europe and 120v will not work over here ;)

I know that I'd be seriously looking at the Peachtree Audio Nova, in fact, I am.

MUSICDIRECT - PEACHTREE AUDIO - NOVA INTEGRATED HYBRID AMPLIFIER

Hi Indra. :)

Hey Nate!! Long time no see :)

Your tip certainly has all the functions we're longing for. Haven't found a dealer yet over here; wanna hear it first.

:prettyprincess: INDRA!!! :prettyprincess:

Hey Jason!! How are you?

What price range? I just recently read a very positive review of the Cyrus 8 XP d.

Price range...I am not sure. I am trying to push my boyfriend's budget but he's not keen on spending a whole lot so the Cyrus will be over his limits. Unfortunately my next money will be necessary to buy chemicals so I'm not really able to boost up the level much. It decided to break down on a not to good moment, but when is it anyway ;)

Err, digital inputs? Are you talking about "digital" amps like the Panasonic XR57?

No, not really. It's meant to be a stereo amp, no avr.

Maybe, when looking at this longer, we could better focus on non-digital-input-amps as the choice is much broader (Bart is already looking at the Cambridge Azur 640A V2) and I could extend the setup with a separate decent DAC in the future.

I was planning for that in the future anyway when my "ultimate" headphone rig is finished.

Hi Indra :) I can't help, so I'll just say good to have you back, and come to danjam

Hey Dan :) Good to see you again here! Danjam, yeah I know. We really want to visit the States some day and I already missed that big one...sigh...will get back on that ;)

Naim Supernait is the only one I can think of, but it is not cheap.

Yeah, already looked at that. Looking good but indeed, that price...

Also a beautiful product but a little bit high in price...but very very pretty....and expensive....but very good lookin'...jolly :P

ive been looking at the arcam solo/solo mini for a friend. depending on how much power you need and if you really really really like your sources, it may or may not be worth looking at. that said, ive done only a little research into the matter so take this post lightly.

Source is music via Airport Express via optical into the amp. We do need to buy a decent dac to avoid that crappy airport, so in the long shot it's probably better to invest in both separately, instead of combining them now.

I'm kind of debating with myself what to do. Problem is photography is currently sucking up all my money and my boyfriend does not care as much as I do about sq....I can justify spending more money, he can't. Guess I really have to win the lottery now :D

Edited by Contrastique

I know that I'd be seriously looking at the Peachtree Audio Nova, in fact, I am.

MUSICDIRECT - PEACHTREE AUDIO - NOVA INTEGRATED HYBRID AMPLIFIER

Hi Indra. :)

Hi Indra!

The Nova is a real solid choice. I'm using it now, and I prefer the DAC section to the ECD-1 I used to own. You would want to wait for a local dealer, however, not just to audition it but to make sure you you got a revision 2 model of the Nova.

Apparently the Apple Airport Express is the jitteriest device ever produced -- so jittery that it would lock up the Sabre DAC in the Nova. The rev. 2 board tweaks the DAC somewhat to prevent this from happening.

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

It's been a while and I hope all of you are doing fine :)

I am looking for some advice. The speaker amp broke down again and it's time for something more decent. The problem is we want to have a minimum of 2 (preferably) digital inputs to attach our sources to. It seems quite hard to find.

Does anyone have an idea on where to look?

Thanx in advance!

I wouldn't. It's much better to get an integrated with a separate DAC. Your DAC would be much happier if it didn't share the same main as the spkr amp. But if you must have 1 unit that does everything, I second either Peachtree or Naim.

I wouldn't. It's much better to get an integrated with a separate DAC. Your DAC would be much happier if it didn't share the same main as the spkr amp. But if you must have 1 unit that does everything, I second either Peachtree or Naim.

First and only warning. Don't go around bumping old threads with your 2

• 1 month later...