ATH-ES7 recommendation

Pars

I just bought a pair of these from Beach Camera (refurb) and initially I am not too impressed with them. I find them to be bassy and a bit bloated and lacking in midrange definition. Reading the mod thread on HF, it sounds like this mod would do what I think these need, but I was wondering if anyone here had done this mod and what your impressions were with it? Or would I be better off just getting rid of these? I was looking for an inexpensive closed can for home use; I need something that doesn't leak sound to disturb others in the room. I am driving these with a Dynalo, so plenty of power.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a link to this mod? Somehow I don't see how a pad mod can help the problems that I am hearing with these, but as always I could be wrong. I have verified that these are genuine AT BTW and not fakes. I have p to 30 days to return these, so unless I am certain that a mod will take care of the problems I am hearing, I will just return them and go a different route.