Mobile theme

John E Woven

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok crappy mobile theme will be loaded automatically if you go here: mobile.head-case.org

you can switch back the normal theme by clicking the "default style" link on the bottom

So now I'm well confused. There is already a mobile themed version? Was it there already, or did you guys jump on Johnny's suggestion double plus quick?

And if it comes to it, I'd vote for two different URLs for mobile and normal version. Sometimes, the normal version of a site is worth the extra effort. I get annoyed when my phone gets automatically redirected to the mobile version.

-Carl

Edited by tkam

For iphone/itouch users there's also an app you can buy called Tapatalk. It's not free (I believe its $2.99) which sucks, but it's basically a native interface for vbulletin forums.

I'm not going to current recommend it as the 2-3 people I have testing it complain about how slow it is and the current version doesn't support PM's.

The developer has a new version that is supposedly much faster and supports PM's but they are stuck waiting for apple to approve it. If it does turn out to be much faster I'll start recommending it.

So now I'm well confused. There is already a mobile themed version? Was it there already, or did you guys jump on Johnny's suggestion double plus quick?

And if it comes to it, I'd vote for two different URLs for mobile and normal version. Sometimes, the normal version of a site is worth the extra effort. I get annoyed when my phone gets automatically redirected to the mobile version.

-Carl

There are two different URL's, for mobile use mobile.head-case.org. I just added it this morning.

It's not so much "double-plus-quick" as tkam is just that good/efficient, that it seems fast to the naked eye. Like watching a hummingbird flap its wings -- to a human, it's really really fast, but to the hummingbird it's just another day in the life.

It is, and Dan has been testing it out and he says its faster than the old version and has PM support now.

So I think it's pretty safe to recommend it for those iphone/itouch users who want the best way to view HC on your device.

It's $2.99 and here's the itunes store link for it: iTunes Store

tapatalk truly can't handle the epic threads. it displays the same 9 or 10 posts everytime when clicked on via the Latest Posts function. the "bought" thread always displays when deepak bought an L3000. :). so I can't recommend it. I'm back to using mobile dot headcase via safari.

tapatalk truly can't handle the epic threads. it displays the same 9 or 10 posts everytime when clicked on via the Latest Posts function. the "bought" thread always displays when deepak bought an L3000. :). so I can't recommend it. I'm back to using mobile dot headcase via safari.

Maybe tkam can send them a bug report? Then they can fix it and, after a swift four-month review, the new version will hit the App Store for a week before it is suddenly pulled with no real explanation (apart from the standard "duplicates exisiting functionality" bullshit) because AT&T objected. Or, perhaps, MI6.

Ignore me. I'm a little jazzed about the Google Voice thing.