Mobile theme

John E Woven

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Opera on WM and it worked fine before the upgrade but now when I hit the link for last page I go to the first page of the thread. Very annoying.

I get the the last page from the "Last Page" link on my WM/Opera setup, but while before the upgrade a link to a subscribed thread in the User CP somehow magically took me to the the first unread (I wasn't comfortable about the magic part, but that was the functionality I wanted, so it was all good) Now, I get plopped at the first page of the thread. Given Chris' experience, it's quite strange.

Opera is available for BlackBerry now?
Has been for some time -- it's been a while so I don't remember all the details, but IIRC if you go to opera.com with the default BB browser, either you're offered the chance to install the Opera browser or it's easy to navigate from there to a page where you can.

Opera is available for BlackBerry now?

Opera Mini is the next generation mobile browser for any mobile phone.

Been using this on BB for maybe a year and it's great! Much better than the BB browser - faster - much faster, better controls. Takes some getting used to, though - moving trackwheel horizontally scrolls fast a page at a time, while moving trackwheel vertically scrolls slowly, a line at a time.

Edited by jvlgato
typo

Opera Mini is the next generation mobile browser for any mobile phone.

Been using this on BB for maybe a year and it's great! Much better than the BB browser - faster - much faster, better controls. Takes some getting used to, though - moving trackwheel horizontally scrolls fast a page at a time, while moving trackwheel vertically scrolls slowly, a line at a time.

Cool. I installed it on my wife's BB. It's very different from Opera Mobile on my WM phone, but it looks good so far.

yeah opera mini and opera mobile are very different, opera mobile is an actual full browser where as opera mini is actually doing the rendering of the page in question on opera's servers and displaying the results.

I'm tempted to give Opera Mini a spin on my own phone. It seemed to do well on big, fat pages that aren't designed for mobile viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not sure anyone has a need for this anymore, but finally there is a new mobile theme/style for Head-Case. Point your mobile browser to: mobile.head-case.org and you should be all set. You may need to login first before it switches to the mobile theme and there's a default button at the top right to switch back to the default theme at any time. The mobile theme is also available in the Style Chooser located at the bottom left of every page, it's the one labeled "Lightweight".