Calling tkam!!

Guest sacd lover

Guest sacd lover

I was wondering what you have been paying for your 6sn7w's. I saw a pair of metal base 6sn7w's that went for $459 on ebay, and another pair, again on ebay, for almost $500 .... both buy it now. I am trying to get a current market value of these tubes.

I know tkam uses them, but anyone who buys these tubes or has any input, please post .... your input is welcome. :-*

Guest sacd lover

Well the tubes I use are the sylvania 6sn7w short bottles and they go for about $75 each. The metal bases are quite a bit rarer and cost much more, anyhwere from $150-$200 each.

I scored five metal base 6sn7w's in perfect shape, tested and in their original boxes .... and one short bottle, black base with green print. All five metal base test nearly the same. I, therefore, have two matched pair or one quad .... and a single .... well two singles actually. I want to sell these so I am trying to determine the going rate. Thanks for the input. ;)

I scored five metal base 6sn7w's in perfect shape, tested and in their original boxes

wow, lucky you. :P

the metal-base 6sn7w and 6sn7a fetch insane prices on ebay... but usually it's in the $300 to $400 range? did a completed listing search for metal-base 6sn7w's and don't see any that actually sold for $450+. there are some that ended without selling, so are you talking about those? ;)

anyways, I wish I owned some metal bases like you do, but they are too expensive for me so I load up on the short bottle black bases. ;D

Guest sacd lover

wow, lucky you. :P

the metal-base 6sn7w and 6sn7a fetch insane prices on ebay... but usually it's in the $300 to $400 range? did a completed listing search for metal-base 6sn7w's and don't see any that actually sold for $450+. there are some that ended without selling, so are you talking about those? ;)

anyways, I wish I owned some metal bases like you do, but they are too expensive for me so I load up on the short bottle black bases. ;D

There was a telefunken and a metal base that sold for $499 .... and a buy it now for $459 for a pair of metal base. These prices do seem. :o But if thats what people are wiling to pay who am I to argue. ;D

Guest sacd lover

Woah, that is absolutely insane. I'm glad my amp is going to use 'cheap' tubes. :D

My newest tube finds the 5814, 6GU7 and 7119 cost $5.50, $5.50 and $17-20 respectively. 8)

I was wondering what you have been paying for your 6sn7w's. I saw a pair of metal base 6sn7w's that went for $459 on ebay, and another pair, again on ebay, for almost $500 .... both buy it now. I am trying to get a current market value of these tubes.

I know tkam uses them, but anyone who buys these tubes or has any input, please post .... your input is welcome. :-*

That is freaking insane, but probably current market value. Last time I was buying 6SN7's, the metal bases tended to run about $250-$300/pr. Now the black bases can run that much, and the metal bases are through the roof. I bought black bases when they were $30-$50 ea. Got a fairly large supply of black bases (also 10-12 metal bases), but can't sell any because I'd never be able to afford to replace them (and I do love the sound of the 6SN7W).

Note: I didn't pay market for my tubes. Patience and being in the right place at the right time can do wonders. So can looking at the pictures of unlabeled tube lots on eBay.