SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

How about those of us who are still drunk? :doghuh:

Gene just stayed in his bed through the ear-piercing alarm and I went to see what was up. I came back up with the alarms still going and he was still there. All he said was "damn, this is annoying" and stayed right there. :)

I install those things and am used to the sound, so I probably would've slept right through it. :)

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am out of the loop! Could somebody tell me about this amp and how does it sound?

Thanks

Anyone able to offer comparisons to the LaRocco PRII? I have been trying to sell my unused Millett but maybe I should give it a comparo and just keep them both. Al, how good is the Millett anyway?

I really like the TTVJ Portable, humorously dubbed the TTVJ Slim by a reviewer :P. I like the TTVJ form factor better because it is so close to the iPhone and iPod. Greg, the new TTVJ Portable is far better than the Hybrid for portable use and for IEMs. The three portable amps in the running for best JH|13 match are the TTVJ, the Pico Slim and the RX, but I have not yet managed to hear the damn RX. I will borrow JP's eventually but failed to compare them this weekend even though Vicki did so tonight in my room while we were all hanging out. She should post some comments if she has some to share, but they all appear to be good contenders.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet meet, eh? About damn time I posted something, so here is some drivel of stuff I remember.

First and foremost, thanks to meet meister Mike for pulling off another meisterpiece of a meet. Giant props to the travel team of Al (Voltron), JP (jp11801), and Justin, and new travel members Ari (Nikongod), Scott (Maanox2), Brent (Mexican Dragon), Colin (cetoole), Steve (ASR), and VPI (Jeff) for flying in. Of course the Florida regulars Vicki (Boomana), Matt (NightWoundsTime), Dom (highlife), Wayne (wmcmanus), Alex (Screaming Oranges), Carl (CarlSiebert), and Oz. Huge thanks to the Zu crew, Ron and his buddy, for driving all the way down from TN and Georgia with those gorgeous speakers and nice little diy tube monoiblocs. Others, of course attended, and added to the meet day fun, but the above were the hard core.

Some pictures ...

The gang starts arriving friday - (l to r) CarlSiebert, ASR's back, Nikongod profile, raffy, highlife, jp11801

MikeJam2009-4.jpg

Scott (maanox2), Alex (Screaming Oranges), and Colin (cetoole)

MikeJam2009-5.jpg

On to Brother Tucker's for dinner.

Scott & Colin.

MikeJam2009-9.jpg

John & Al - this beer any good? Shut up and drink it, you'll like it.

MikeJam2009-6.jpg

John, raffy, Dom, & Ari get some air

MikeJam2009-8.jpg

Back to the hotel - why is it always Gene & Al's room?

JP, Ari, & Carl

MikeJam2009-3.jpg

Raffy & Brent

MikeJam2009-2.jpg

Dom likes this beer

MikeJam2009-10.jpg

MikeJam2009-12.jpg

Can't believe we drank the whole thing .... yeah, right.

MikeJam2009-13.jpg

Then it was Saturday, and time for the meet. I have no gear or meet pics as good as or better than already posted, so here are more people pics.

Listening to the lovely Zu speakers

MikeJam2009-20.jpg

Ron and his bud from Zu, Scott, & Mike

MikeJam2009-26.jpg

Scott, Mike, Steve, and John

MikeJam2009-25.jpg

A delicious sushi lunch.

Ari, Raffy, Steve

MikeJam2009-24.jpg

Justin & John

MikeJam2009-23.jpg

Ari, JP, Al and I shared this monster

MikeJam2009-21.jpg

With a little help from our friends, we made it disappear - yummy!

MikeJam2009-22.jpg

The after dinner at Padrino's cuban restaurant ...

MikeJam2009-44.jpg

MikeJam2009-38.jpg

MikeJam2009-41.jpg

We like sangria

MikeJam2009-37.jpg

Justin - we keeping you up?

MikeJam2009-40.jpg

She's taking Al's order, but she's looking at me - oh, yeah

MikeJam2009-43.jpg

I like fruit.

MikeJam2009-45.jpg

The three kings - CanJam'09, HeadFest'07, CanJam'08

MikeJam2009-35.jpg

• 3 months later...
I don't remember anything about a power supply but distinctly recall you saying you were building me a Blue Hawaii.

if you mean some sort of alcoholic drink, then sure!

I AM working on a tube electrostatic amp, simple design though, and not a hybrid...

additionally lots of things are lost on me.. just got back from the Paul McCartney concert :D