Pot shunting

Smeggy

on my se version the two grounds got to the two board ground connectors like they would if wired normally. A balanced pot though, dunno but I would have thought the wiring would have been the same doubled up but I've never looked at the connectors of one. I just assumed it would be the same as se with two sets of connector tags.

Are you using both channels (+/-) on the same board? IE left and right amps.
Yes, I'm using both channels on the same board - one for L and one for R. The + connects to IR and the - to IL, the ground channel is not populated on either board (shouldn't make a difference that I can see). The power supply is a single TREAD feeding both boards and I've checked the voltages at the various pins of both the OPAL/R and BUFL and BUFR positions and all seems well there.

Do you have the input caps in?
Nope and I checked continuity across the pads to make the sure that the traces had not been cut.

I would ask tangent in a bit

I think I'm going to try jumping the pot out of the equation entirely and see what happens then. I have a source that can do digital attenuation so I shouldn't blow my fool head off. I would appreciate any suggestions for how to wire the input ground though (pin 1 on the XLRs), it's still unclear to me what the right connection here would be.

• 4 months later...
I for one do not see how this could work fro a volume control... it looks like it just acts as a variable resistor between the two "channels", even if those are the same signal 180 degrees out of phase? I could also just be dense :palm:

I think you listened to an amp of mine using this sort of pot at the Chicago meet, if that helps you believe that it works.

• 2 weeks later...