Belden 1800F or Canare L-4E6S Star Quad XLR cables

shellylh

I am going to buy a set of 1ft XLR(m)-XLR(f) cable from Blue Jeans Cable to connect my ECD-1 to my HR BUDA. The options are Belden 1800F or Canare L-4E6S Star Quad. Any reason to go for one or the other for such a short run? They are both close to the same price, I guess the Star Quad is a tiny bit more. I have seen that a lot of DIY people use the Star Quad for their cables (along with Mogami) but perhaps that is because it is more readily available and/or easier to work with than the Belden????

My impression is that it is not going to make much of a difference which I buy and to just go for the Belden since it is slightly cheaper. Any thoughts?

*My amp for now will my right on top of the DAC so 1 ft should be fine as long as the cables are not *too* thick. If they are about the same thickness as the LC-1, it should be fine.

I have 1 ft long RCA's from BJC and have kind of regretted not getting something a tad longer. Also, heels-6 on ebay sells 1m pairs of the Star Quad for a bit cheaper than BJC for the same length. I've dealt with him before and he ships almost as quickly and his packing is superb.

I have 1 ft long RCA's from BJC and have kind of regretted not getting something a tad longer. Also, heels-6 on ebay sells 1m pairs of the Star Quad for a bit cheaper than BJC for the same length. I've dealt with him before and he ships almost as quickly and his packing is superb.

I've also bought a 15 foot headphone extension from heels-6 and he is a good seller, and the ext cable does not seem to degrade the sound either.

Belden. Lower capacitance, AES/EBU standard characteristic impedance (so can be used for more applications), and it's less expensive. The Canare cable just has better CMR, but that shouldn't be an issue in your system so the Belden is the better choice.

Thanks but I already contacted heels-6 and ordered some 1.5ft cables Star Quad (cheaper than BJC Belden). Maybe I'll try the Belden next time though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...