The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

The biggest thing is to make sure you don't over voltage any of the resistors.

There are parts of the circuit that have 4 resistors in series to make sure

you can handle killovolt swings. The original used a lot of surface mount

resistors that could handle only 250 volts each. If you use the standard rn60's

they are good for more than 450 volts each.

1/2W PRP's can handle 500v and are relatively cheap so they make up the majority of the resistor with a few Rikens thrown in where PRP's weren't available. The 5W resistors are Mills. The only resistors I'm a bit worried about are the 5.1k/1W output units which will see the full fury of this beast... :-\

Dr. G-

Please put me down for a complete setup, and I've always wanted something with an RK50 so I will plan accordingly once somebody agrees to build this beast for me. Let me know when you want funds, but I appreciate you fronting costs for now.

Thanks, Al

Damn Al, just damn. I'd offer to build it but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll want someone more skilled.

I thought about sending you a PM, but I am just as happy to say publicly that I would trust you with this project without reservation or hesitation, Nate. Maybe I am just uninformed -- well, I am but you know what I mean -- but other than being meticulous like you are and having the soldering and other related skills that you possess, what is different about this project compared to your current 'stat effort or many other high-end projects you have completed successfully?

More than my takehome salary for a year (After my promotion with a 30 percent pay bump) is a little bit.. intimidating.

I think the Esoteric UX-1 has to go.. I'm not sure I can bear to part with anything else at this point in time :/

If Justin finishes rebuilding the SS-1 or when my Dynaphat (Balanced dynafet) is complete.. then perhaps the Gilmore Balanced Reference can go to the line of people with dibs on it (dreamwhisper #1).

well, i havent built anything in quite a while, and been kind of out of the headphone thing for probably equally as long... but if there is an extra board, i would really love to get my hands on it and see how cheap i could build one... hell i only spent like $4~500 on my dynamight and everybody loved it at the meets lol

well, i havent built anything in quite a while, and been kind of out of the headphone thing for probably equally as long... but if there is an extra board, i would really love to get my hands on it and see how cheap i could build one... hell i only spent like $4~500 on my dynamight and everybody loved it at the meets lol

Uh, extra boards? Given that the boards for this will cost more than your dynamight it seems unlikely that there would be extras just floating around.