The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

original omega connectors and the stax extension cable are both 19.25 mm

I just measured my O2 (replaced the cable last year) and it is 18.53mm

My o2mk1, sre-725, and sr-404 all measure about 18.54mm.

FWIW, I finally got my SRE-725. While I still don't have access to any calipers, the plug easily slides into a 19.2mm hole on a panel I got from Front Panel Express. Even the keyway just fits into the hole.

So my vote would have to be that the plug is definitely smaller than the 19.25mm measured by Kevin......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sawyers

Darn! So first I build comrade Gilmore's triode amp - and very nice it is too through my Lambdas. Just as I complete that - out comes the designs for Blue Hawaii. So now I'm 90% of the way through the build - circuit boards stuffed, heatskinks all the way from Australia, casework and all the bits to complete - and darn me I discover that a T2 design is on its way.

It just isn't fair - I just can't keep up with the creative output of KG - and I'm a bloody electronics engineer!

Well the BH is going to get completed - there is too much effort and money gone into it. But the hook is lodged in my mouth, and I can't see that it will be too long before I'm reaching into my pockets for parts for the T2!

Craig

Guest sawyers
You joined up almost 2 years ago, and only just making your first post? The ultimate lurker! :)

<grin>. It is so long since I was on the forum I had to get my password reset! Ah well - the T2 project is just too good to miss ;-)

Craig

Since I've compared my DIY BH to the real T2 I can safely say the T2 didn't better it in any way. The new PSU will be a large improvement but you can also strap that to the BH so in comparisons it shouldn't be a factor. Now once this project is done we need to pickup where we left off with the new SS designs... :)

new solid state designs.... check

ESX board to fit into the T2 with the T2 power supply.... check

(although i doubt more than a couple of people are interested in this)

portable fully balanced dac with 4 channel digital volume control to .1db and balanced dynamic amplifier.... working on it :D

no time for sleep, need to make some Bok Tong Go...

The first try at this was pretty much a complete failure.

Are the active batteries exclusive to the KG T2?

Stax design 100%. The T2 clone amplifier is absolutely identical (every single part and value) to

the original. Thats the point. My power supply is very different.

There are a number of design changes i could have done. (like different current source) and a bunch less

parts. But then it would not be a T2.