T2 amplifier and power supply

sony sacd player

cables and power strip

stack of music

Camera with 2 lenses, tripod, regular and tripple ring flash

35+ bottles of booze

clothes for 3 days

If i have to, i'll give up the extra clothes :D

No need. The liquid refreshments will fit nicely in the pick-up. Then you can even bring extra clothes ... or .... more whisk(e)y.

I'm going to do serious listening over the weekend after cleaning up some of the mess.

I have (...).

(...) omega's, omega2's,sr-003, sr-404 headphones and the koss esp950.

I know that you were going to comment that anyway, but it would be nice to have your opinion about differences between SR404 and both Omega's when they are being driven by T2.

So seeing this reminds me how much i want a single piece machined T2 chassis.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/singlepiece.jpg

I'm scheduling it for early next year. The 18 inch x 18 inch x 3.5 inch blocks are about $900 in material each.

Vertical heatsink fins will be directly machined out of the block, as will the insides.

Sort of like the CTC blowtorch, but about 3 times bigger.

Special head with a 1 inch carbide mill bit. Can do 4 inches max.

That is why the corners are that round.

I only need 2.95 less the .25 for the bottom. Should not be a problem.

Estimate of 20 hours of machine time including the heatsinks.

I have to say that you have the coolest toys :D

Guest sawyers

I'm scheduling it for early next year. The 18 inch x 18 inch x 3.5 inch blocks are about $900 in material each.

Vertical heatsink fins will be directly machined out of the block, as will the insides.

You thought about making it vacuum sealed and filling with high thermal conductivity gas? I believe power generation companies used forced hydrogen cooling for their generator sets ;D

Very nice KG, so when is the Blowtorch successor coming out from you? ;)

edit: :laugh: I honestly didn't read the last line I just clicked the pic, and the first thing that came to mind was Blowtorch

Ayre is absolutely magnificent stuff and Charles Hanson is actually a really nice guy that tries to help people.

It uses the on-semiconductor 5 wire thermal track output devices.

Its not actually vacuum sealed, there is no gasket. The input connectors and output connectors are definitely not

hermetic. It would be kind of hard to do a hermetic system with tube sticking out.

See... I'm not the only one that is completely nuts...

For the pair of units, the amplifier bottom would be the cover, and the power supply top would be the cover.

When you put them on top of each other it would look like 2 slabs of stuff with no visible screws from the

front, sides or top. Just like the Blowtorch. Except with heatsink fins and 3 times bigger and 5 times heavier.

Large Hadrons Collider – LHC consumes 1% of liquid nitrogen produced in the whole world to induce its superconductors. 30 fellows forcing gas refrigeration into theirs T2's would consume almost the same... :D

Then labs would have to pay more for nitrogen with the increasing demand. But they use that for physics, medicine etc. People use T2 for music, funny thing... :P

Would not be better (cost efficient) to water cool only the semiconductors (like core processors in PC’s)?

How much distortion is induced by heat on capacitors, resistors etc?