The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Mouser delayed part of my order due to lack of stock for the umbilical connectors; those are now in stock but fulfillment of my order waits arrival of Xicon 449k 1% 0.5w resistors. Must have been a run on 449k resistors.... confused.png

It begs the question: How can Mouser be out of stock on resistors...?

Edited by Milosz

Looks similar to the krell master reference. Also an older boulder amplifier i think.

I really do want to build a second T2, so if you can have more of those chassis made,

i'm definitely interested.

Now that you mentioned the Krell, mine do look similar. Looks like I cloned a clone of the Krell :D

I wish I could force the builder to speed up the things, those 4 top and bottom panels took months to finish :( I will talk with him about this anyway. The new Boulder amps have very stylish and compact 'sinks, might worth considering it for your second T2 :)

The boxes seem huge but basically it's only taller (5" instead of 3"), other dimensions are the same like the original. They are very heavy though, thinking of using 6 spikes for each box. Next is to source for the purest copper available to have the L-brackets made...

Pic taken at the builder's place, please ignore the kid toys and lazy dogs...

6459924477_f1480b6994_z.jpg

P.S My apology for the stupid shit above.. One single supposed-to-be-lost-in-the-mail package and accused to be stealing *sigh*. Whatever, things solved.