The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Looks like low voltage and low current. Which is fine for vanilla transistors, but no use at all for testing T2 transistors, which are all high voltage high current types. When I built my T2 with counterfeit 2SC3675's with low breakdown voltage (but still several hundred volts) I needed to throw a Tektronix 577 at them to diagnose why the T2 was in terminal destruct mode. And then to verify that the new ones were correct according to the specification. I just about had to replace every bit of silicon on the heatsinks (and as you know there is a lot of them!) and most of the LED's.

Yes I was concerned about the voltage. I believe in the related thread someone said it can handle up to 3A of current though. Still kind of useless if it can't handle the voltage though, thanks for the input.

Confirmed from the designer - it can do 2.5 amps but only 36 volts. So not even close to being useful for T2/KGSSHV transistors.

Edited by cobra_kai

• 3 weeks later...

After a week skiing and recharging batteries I´ve solved the problem with the T2.

Knock nock on wood. It has been working for a couple of hours now.

Below is a pitchure of my T2 - simple case but I´m happy.

post-3199-0-79936800-1331239026_thumb.jp

Mind telling us what the solution was? :dan:

Nice smile.png How's the stability since the ski trip?

I remember Inu's powder coating looking very nice and Kevin's warning about doing things like that.

Two days on the couch... might be worse for me -> chair-hit.gif <- wife

Edited by Kerry