The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Thanks spritzer,

One I found was Chip1stop.com. Havent looked at their stock.

How is your unit running?. Still pleased with it. Do you Know how many

have been built?.

Les

Mine is still out of commission but then again, I haven't touched it in months.  Too many projects, not enough time. 

Mine is still out of commission but then again, I haven't touched it in months.  Too many projects, not enough time. 

Thanks,don't remind me, just retired so hope I will have more, but what people tell me it wont happen.

Nice site for the Diyer in Audio, must keep an eye on this site.

Les

That's why I seem to be attracted here, been a diyer in Audio for nearly 50 years. Cut my teeth on Valves and

really nice to see this stuff back in favour. There is a place for both old and new technology. Not up to design

level especially not now. Grey matter weakening but like to keep what brain cells ive got left ticking over.

Yea, I scored myself a board set, Kevin had an early series and needs some mods.

Really happy, now the hunt starts for legit semi's. First I must buy a DY924 tester.

Anyone who has just started to source any components and can update possible

sites for the real semi's would be appreciated.

Les

There was some speculation that some of the fake J109/K389s that tested as bipolar parts might have been these...

I'd agree that making fakes in this packaging would not be economically feasible, unless the faker was looking to lose money.

Can anyone comment on 2SC3381 variants GR and BL. I see the BL has 2 x the gain of the GR.

BL seem easier to get but as one is used in each battery is there enough adjustment.

How will it effect output of the amp as the audio input stage uses them also. BOM doesn't specify.

Also thanks guys for your feedback on Fake parts.

Les

Someone just asked again. the 2sc3381-BL's work just fine. That is what i'm using.

Hey Kevin, I see I am not the only one who sometimes forgets little things like this. But as you said, it doesn't really matter - having read through the thread regarding this issue before, people used both BL and GR without any consequence.