The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

I'm just waiting to get these back.  They are my shrunk down boards.  The chassis is going to be 12" x 14.3" x 3.3".  This will be the same as the power supply.

Most everything is SMD now and I'm looking forward to stuffing this in a couple of weeks (I've got all the parts).

The boards support two styles of batteries (jfet/LED or LT1021-10).  Also they support both the original CSS as well as the 10m90s / DN2540 (thanks to JimL).

I have to give props to Kevin and Birgir who did the original layouts.  This thing is a beast with over 540 components.

T2-v2f-bottom.gif

T2-v2f-top.gif

• Like 2

G600, Methinks it would also be a good idea to remove the flux from the board as a matter of concern.

At these voltages, it's very advisable to limit the chances of leakage between connections caused by the flux.

Edited by wink
Added addressee

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, it's christmas obviously.

Today my T2 is making its first playback. I have just received a Birgir modified 007A. Yes, I haven't owned anything from Stax since today.

It sounds so effortless and so wonderful... and weired noise free even with my 95 % Takman build (no Xicons, Inu's style).

After 10 months of careful building, it's alive. Maybe the first KGT2 in France ?

If there is a Xmas magic, I must have tasted it today.

• Like 3