Shure SRH840 - early listen

CarlSeibert

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Northern Lights and Sound for a price quote. If they are $116, I'll be buying a pair. My boss, who was killed a couple weeks ago in a motorcycle accident, was wanting to buy headphones for his son, who was just getting into music listening and also mixing on his computer, and asking me about different choices. I know he didn't have the chance to follow through, so I'd at least like to do that for him. I'll let folks know if that's a real deal or not.

I emailed Northern Lights and Sound for a price quote. If they are $116, I'll be buying a pair. My boss, who was killed a couple weeks ago in a motorcycle accident, was wanting to buy headphones for his son, who was just getting into music listening and also mixing on his computer, and asking me about different choices. I know he didn't have the chance to follow through, so I'd at least like to do that for him. I'll let folks know if that's a real deal or not.

Vicki,

If you want a small portable amp to go along with the gift let me know. I have one floating around a drawer at home that I'd be happy to donate.

Hi Vicki,

I would be happy to give you my pair to give to him if you cannot get a good price. That is truly an awful situation. I know getting a pair of headphones doesn't really erase the fact...

For anyone interested, I can forward you the northern light and sound price quote. It was sent to me on Sept. 24 and is valid for 15 days. However, I do think they are out of stock like everyone else, but you can probably still order and get that price.

Dusty_chalk already has a copy of the email so you can also ask him if you want.

My condolences to your boss's family..

Vicki,

If you want a small portable amp to go along with the gift let me know. I have one floating around a drawer at home that I'd be happy to donate.

ooops, I missed your post earlier. Thanks, but I've got that covered as well. I have a Go-vibe Martini from CanJam I won't be using that I think he'll like.

Shelly, thanks, but I got it covered. I was going to get the V6s, but I think he'd like these better as overall headphones, and the kid (16) deserves new headphones his friends will be jealous over.

It is better to get a new shiny object anyway. :) Just wanted to offer in case there was a really long wait on them.

As for the sound, I still wish the sounded a little more open, but for the price, they are very good. They are really great at isolating and not leaking sound. They also sound better than I remember them at CanJam. I would love to swap out the cable for a straight one though!

Anyone compare the SRH840 to HD25-1?

Yeah, I was never a big fan of the HD25-1's sound, but portability wise they're hard to beat. I have no problems tossing them in my bag for travels and the isolation isn't bad. SRH840 is a much better headphone (for sound) IMO.

• 3 weeks later...