New Zune HD

mypasswordis

Looks pretty cool but I like mega stotage so I will be sticking with my Zune 120 for now especially since it looks like I will be getting an iPhone next month.

My big questi0on is: Zune has always made their firmware backwards compatible for the older gen devices. I realize that this is new hardware and you can't upgrade stuff like HD by firmware but I WANT that interface so has anyone heard if this new firmware will work on older gen Zunes as well?

For those that were turned off by the original Zune software (myself included) it really has improved tremendously since then. Not bad at all now, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

The older ones aren't. Since Microsoft has always been big on backwards-compatibility hopefully they will make the new firmware for non-touchscreen models.

Now I'm waiting for Apple to revise its iPod Touch at around the same time of the HD's launch date. Some 3GS stuff is most likely going to trickle down into it. It never ends...

• 1 month later...

I just got a Sprint Touch Pro 2. Really love it so far. It even has a 3.5mm headphone jack. But the audio quality fucking sucks monkey nuts. It has so much interference and noise, I'd only use it to privately listen to voicemail or YouTube videos.

Microsoft needs to integrate some Zune HD hardware into some Pocket PC phones, pronto.

But it's no big deal for me. I have a HifiMan HM-801 for tunes.

Microsoft should list not having speakers as a feature. I was on the metro the other day, and this old white dude in a suit whips out his iPhone and starts playing U Can't Touch This, laughing, dancing, and feeling like the shit. It's not Apple itself, it's the douchebag owners who sometimes really piss me off.

• 2 months later...