If you had a $1,000, or so, to spend and K-701 headphones

Frihed89

If you can't tell whether or not the cable connects to both drivers separately or just one how the hell are we supposed to help you? :palm:

Because you are meant to know everything about every thing.

Hell is a really really bad word in danish!

Yes, Moon wires both drivers.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, only in the basement. :chair::basement:

After the first operation on my right ear, I nearly lost my hearing. Eventually, I convinced the doctor to do another operation and sure enough the old prosthesis had fallen out of its "hole". He intsalled a new prosthesis. I have them in both ears, and now my hearing is about equal in both ears. But during these in between years, i bought several amps with R-L volume controls.

" * 6DE7/6EW7 is a dual triode tube, consisting of one drive triode and one power triode. Its performance is similar to a combination of a 6SN7 and a 2A3." Quote from Woo audio.

As in: a robin is like a duck?

Pretty much. The small triode in a 6DE7 is sort of like a 6SN7, but with a lot less power. The larger triode in the tube has nothing in common with a 2A3, except for the fact that they're both triodes. The power ratings are way off, the specs aren't anywhere close, the closest thing to the large triode half of a 6DE7 is a 6BX7, and that's still not quite right since the 6BX7 can handle more power.

Because you are meant to know everything about every thing.

Hell is a really really bad word in danish!

Yes, Moon wires both drivers.

You know, it's funny that nobody here has mentioned it yet, but here at Head-Case we've had a fantastic discovery. Now we are a little bit secretive about it, so don't go telling non members about it please.

OK, here's what you do...Take your headphones, in your case the AKG K701 (the K701 really is a great headphone for this discovery BTW), cut off the existing TRS phono plug at the end of the cable. Now stay with me here and follow my instructions to the tee, or this won't work properly. Strip about 5 inches of bare wire from the end of the cable (all three or four wires, depending on your specific cable). Now here's where you need to follow the instructions very carefully...PLACE THE HEADPHONES ON YOUR HEAD BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT STEP!

Now here's where there's a little discrepency between members, some say to place the wires directly into your homes electrical outlet at this point, but I prefer the sound quality from method #2...Take all the bare wires and twist them together. Are you done twisting the wires? OK, now take the bare wires with a little bit of Crisco (trademarked) and slide them as far up your ass as you can get them.

No, farther than that, you can do it!

Now fart!

Simple question. Does your Black Dragon cable have a wire going to each side or just one side? If Drew wired them for you, then I am quite sure he wires them direct to each driver, unlike the stock K701 where the cable is connected on one side only and then there is an idiotically small wire on the inside of the cans going to the other driver.

Yes, they do and they are. I talked with him.

I like these phones compared to, say, the HD650s which are much warmer than I like.

How about "fuck off"? Are those bad words in Danish, at least when used together in that fashion?

No "fuck off" is an ever day phrase. Devil and hell are the two really bad ones. Relax, I mean you no harm. You guys do know a lot. Take pride in that. Get creative in your insults!

Pretty much. The small triode in a 6DE7 is sort of like a 6SN7, but with a lot less power. The larger triode in the tube has nothing in common with a 2A3, except for the fact that they're both triodes. The power ratings are way off, the specs aren't anywhere close, the closest thing to the large triode half of a 6DE7 is a 6BX7, and that's still not quite right since the 6BX7 can handle more power.

Yes that's what I meant.

Does the SE model even have the signature 2A3 (or more generally DHT) signature? I have never heard a DHT in a head amp, but I see the Woo5 series gives one that option. I wrote Woo to get information about the OPTs, but was only told that they were hand-wound.

You know, it's funny that nobody here has mentioned it yet, but here at Head-Case we've had a fantastic discovery. Now we are a little bit secretive about it, so don't go telling non members about it please.

OK, here's what you do...Take your headphones, in your case the AKG K701 (the K701 really is a great headphone for this discovery BTW), cut off the existing TRS phono plug at the end of the cable. Now stay with me here and follow my instructions to the tee, or this won't work properly. Strip about 5 inches of bare wire from the end of the cable (all three or four wires, depending on your specific cable). Now here's where you need to follow the instructions very carefully...PLACE THE HEADPHONES ON YOUR HEAD BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT STEP!

Now here's where there's a little discrepency between members, some say to place the wires directly into your homes electrical outlet at this point, but I prefer the sound quality from method #2...Take all the bare wires and twist them together. Are you done twisting the wires? OK, now take the bare wires with a little bit of Crisco (trademarked) and slide them as far up your ass as you can get them.

Now fart!

My how expressive you are. Did you learn this at community college; was it a trick your girlfriend taught you; or did you read about in Wiki?

Just one question: will it feel better, if I us the HD800s?

Does the SE model even have the signature 2A3 (or more generally DHT) signature? I have never heard a DHT in a head amp, but I see the Woo5 series gives one that option. I wrote Woo to get information about the OPTs, but was only told that they were hand-wound.

I don't know, I've never heard the SE version of the Woo 6. The stock version certainly doesn't.

I have played with the 6DE7 and similar tubes in a few DIY experiments of my own, I've never been able to make them sound like 2A3's so I'd say it's highly unlikely that they can be made to sound a DHT. Impossible? Who knows, but the odds are highly against it.

I don't know, I've never heard the SE version of the Woo 6. The stock version certainly doesn't.

I have played with the 6DE7 and similar tubes in a few DIY experiments of my own, I've never been able to make them sound like 2A3's so I'd say it's highly unlikely that they can be made to sound a DHT. Impossible? Who knows, but the odds are highly against it.

Thanks. Maybe Woo will come to RMAF and I will find out. I think the organizers over at xxx-fi are having trouble getting the CANJAM going.

Now fart!

:rofl:

My how expressive you are. Did you learn this at community college; was it a trick your girlfriend taught you; or did you read about in Wiki?

Just one question: will it feel better, if I us the HD800s?

Hey, how'd you know about my girlfriend teaching me this?

OK, it's good to see you have a sense of humor, you may do OK here after all. ;)