Apple Tablet

Yup. The base model is exactly what I wanted. A kick-ass Web tablet + email device + ebook reader. Easy sell at $499.

Now, whether people will buy the full-boat models for $830 + whatever the accessory keyboard costs as a full-on laptop replacement, I do not know.

Aside from the stand, why not just use Apple's current bluetooth keyboard?

Yup. The base model is exactly what I wanted. A kick-ass Web tablet + email device + ebook reader. Easy sell at $499.
I'd probably pony up the extra $100 for the 32GB, otherwise if you put one HD movie on the 16GB version and 1/4 of your space is gone. Of course I'll more than likely wait for the second generation when it'll be 32GB stock and until they have someone other than AT&T doing the 3G. I also want to hear some reviews of how it renders full HD video with it's do all processor.

i don't know if it can or not (doubt it) why would you want it to? it's a little, fairly slow, thingamajig, not a main computer.

Well, I kind of thought this thing was supposed to be able to be a replacement for a netbook. An option to use a normal USB keyboard and access removable storage without a server would be nice to me, maybe import pictures from the camera directly. Unless devices are a computer or have wireless support, they won't communicate with this by default. Its definitely not going to serve as a digital front end which I thought would be nice.

Aside from the stand, why not just use Apple's current bluetooth keyboard?

Because it'll be pretty hard to type on it without propping it up? Also, why just sell a cheap stand, when you can sell a whole keyboard dock for more profit.

Looking at the pricing, the middle model is rather attractive, though I'm still bit bummed about AT&T 3g.

..... Of course I'll more than likely wait for the second generation when it'll be 32GB stock and until they have someone other than AT&T doing the 3G. .....

Yep, AT&T is pure fail for me. I will definitely be holding off until there is another carrier and until I can actually see how the iphone integrates with this.

I'd probably pony up the extra $100 for the 32GB, otherwise if you put one HD movie on the 16GB version and 1/4 of your space is gone. Of course I'll more than likely wait for the second generation when it'll be 32GB stock and until they have someone other than AT&T doing the 3G. I also want to hear some reviews of how it renders full HD video with it's do all processor.

That's my plan as well (we'll just head over to Casa Stretch to play with his in the meantime. :D). Besides, chunk of my disposable income for this year will be going to a dSLR and digital camcorder.

Why would you want a camera? All cell phones have cameras and you're going to be buying this as well as a phone.

Good point, but I figured if MacBooks and iPhones have cameras, they'd put one on this too.

Did they say anything about Finder or some kind of file explorer?

Ah yes, I do see why Apple would sell the keyboard dock, but... According to the pictures/slides I saw on engadget, there's a stand, stand+keyboard that looks attached, stand that's landscape. Why not just get one of the stands that doesn't have an attached keyboard to go with a bluetooth keyboard that isn't attached which would give more flexibility in terms of usage? Then again, I could be wrong and the stand+keyboard could just be some sort of bundle.

Why would you want a camera? All cell phones have cameras and you're going to be buying this as well as a phone.

I don't necessarily want to buy a data plan for both devices and this thing isn't communicating with any non-licensed devices that don't have wireless or can run software to host the iPad.

I do like this device though still, It seems like its going to be very popular.

There will be any number of aftermarket stands for this. I assume a keyboard as hopefully other devices will connect via bluetooth. For me, the 3G with ATT is fine as that is what I have and it works fine in Florida. A front facing camera would have been cool for video conferencing. The lack of a camera is a problem for me but not a huge one. The limit of 64 gb is not great but probably not a deal breaker. I knew they would never have a card reader but that would have been a nice option. I think this is something I may wait a generation before jumping in like I did with the iphone. I'm guessing that it will work nicely with a time capsule as a music server. However, I can use my macmini, which will have to remain no matter what to connect to my metric halo, and iphone remote or the display I have set up that is connected to the mini. I don't know. It's pretty cool but maybe a generation or two from something I would want.