Apple Tablet

@laxx -- I thought the Nook was color?

i personally think $9.99 is ridiculously high. i sure won't buy ebooks for $15.
I probably won't. I have paid for exactly one book so far, but have to admit to feeling ripped off without a physical analog -- it should easily be cheaper than any other format of the same book, since there's no physical media, no shipping, no handling, and no damaged returns.

@laxx -- I thought the Nook was color?I probably won't. I have paid for exactly one book so far, but have to admit to feeling ripped off without a physical analog -- it should easily be cheaper than any other format of the same book, since there's no physical media, no shipping, no handling, and no damaged returns.

It has a little color touch screen, but it uses an eInk screen for the ebooks themselves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2564[/ATTACH]

post-885-12951156236981_thumb.jpg

Wow! Just found out the electronic medical records web site I was interested in ONLY works on Internet Explorer! No Firefox, no Safari ... So, no iPad.

That's a deal breaker, don't you think? Shows you how prepared the medical community is for the big electronic records transition ...

So I've been researching other sites, and most of them have their demos done in Flash, which I believe iPad will not support. Is not supporting Flash a big problem in your minds?

I hate compatibility wars - I'm still watching videos on my HD DVD player and I think I still have a DBX cassette player in my closet. Still think DBX was better than that darn 'Doubly'! :-)

I would fully expect ipad medical records software to be out within the next 6 months.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Unfortunately, medical software is traditionally a few generations behind in timing, price, and quality. I was using a DOS based billing program up to a few years ago. Not because there wasn't something else available, but because what was available was outrageously expensive, slow, unstable, or just not any better functioning. Even now, when I demo the online EMR and scheduling sites, they are drab and slow compared to most other productivity sites that I see. I have to say though, that the medical community itself is notoriously slow at adopting new technology, so maybe it's hard to design new, trendy things when your customers refuse to buy in ...