Apple Tablet

Typical BS like teh internets, email, calendar, photos.

Other stuff: Light MS Office stuff, Music (ability to be music server as well as straight player), watch movies, hop on my parents' networks because they always screw them up.

A netbook should be able to do all of that unless you are doing a HD-video. The MBP may be overkill unless you are doing some significant number crunching with things like video editing and such. That being said there are those members of Team Massive Overkill that may disagree.

Screen: Yes if you need the real estate on the road, otherwise an external monitor kicks ass. Keyboard: Yes. Trackpad: Absolutely. Just depends how much the size affects your ability to actually use it when you need it the way you want to use it. Wow, that was pretty circular. :)

I got really frustrated using my netbook. I've gotten to where I'd only use it when travelling or in a pinch. The ipad is way more appealing to me at this point than going back to my netbook. We'll see how I feel June 3 (after 60 days of use)

I still use my netbook quite a bit and will probably use it more now that I have a nice pared-down version of Win-7 on it. But my guess is the iPad will take over most of its duties except as music server since it now has a nice 640Gb drive in there. We'll see though. I am taking it down to SC next week and it will be the only machine I have for a week.

Why wouldn't it be credible?

Because of this statement?

According to a one-word reply from Steve Jobs in response to an email sent by Swedish website Slashat.se, there will be no way to tether a 3G connection from Apple's iPhone.
Some of the rationalization later on in the article does make some sense though. /shrug

I don't see any reason to expect there would be a way to tether the ipad with an iPhone. If you want to tether instead of getting a 3g ipad, you'll have to either get something like a mifi, or hack something to allow wifi tethering.

Seems like a pretty simple hardware matter of 30-pin connector to 30-pin connector. Again, how do AT&T justify discriminating against one particular computing/display device once you've paid for a certain amount of tethering bandwidth?

Because they think people will pay the extra $30

Portable BT keyboard, coming spring of 2010. For iPad, AND iPhone/iTouch.

I know, I know, I'll believe it when I see it. But we know an external keyboard will be allowed for iPad; I wonder if this would automatically allow external keyboards for iTouch and iPhone, since they are essentially the same OS?

Perhaps Apple was delaying allowing this until iPad gets a foothold? I know that in the past, I would have been happy w/ an iTouch, if only it had an external keyboard. But now that I've been thinking of the ways I could use the iPad (esp as a VNC), I'll get an iPad over the iTouch. (Currently I have none of the above - only my Palm TX, which is on its last leg!)

Jorno | Fold-up Bluetooth Keyboard - Home

img_0_2.jpg

Coming Late Spring 2010

A modern, fold-up, Bluetooth keyboard for your iPhone,

iPod Touch, iPad, Windows Mobile, and Android device