Apple Tablet

The camera connection kit is actually pretty useful. Images transfer pretty quickly and you can do some decent fixes with Photogene.

I just wish I had wifi here as trying to push a full size image across the Sprint 3G Overdrive is very, very slow.

The other weird thing is that is downsizes the image to iPad screen size and even if you e-mail the image from Photos you only get the smaller 2048 image size. I guess that makes things easy to post but I hope when I take them off at home when connected to iTunes they come out full size.

Edited by VPI

Finally. Do you want to pick up this extra Camera Connection Kit?

I did my first sample with the kit and Photogene editing software and was able to successfully post a Facebook photo. Had some failed attempts but it finally went through. I think the slow ass 3G might have had something to do with the failures.

Interesting read. Doesn't this all sort of go back and forth historically? I'm no 'puter genius like some of you, but isn't this just another shift toward a thin client model? Which has happened before right? Maybe not.

Anyway, my personal theory is that Jobs knows he does not have long to live (although I hope that's not the case). Accordingly, he is attempting to accelerate Apple's dominance in all areas mobile and, well, cool. I think he introduced the iPad a bit early as part of this. Jobs seems like he's working on a tight deadline, and I don't think it's being driven by cloud computing.

Maybe the first successful (unless you count smartphones). Has any thin client move (pre-cloud) ever come close to critical mass before reverting back to mainly PC architecture? Steve Jobs wannabe/close friend Larry Ellison has been pushing it for over a decade, no? I know Sun has a big investment here (and now bought by Ellison's Oracle).

Most importantly, my 3G 64GB just arrived.

Edited by blessingx

As I sit cramped in this fucking airline seat with my shitty Dell laptop propped in my lap because the fucking person in front of me is reclined so much I cannot use it on the tray, I have officially made up my mind to buy a fucking iPad 3G. This is ridiculous. The Citrix thing will work out eventually and I can already do email and surf and whatever. Maybe the Apple Store will have one for me...

Maybe the first successful (unless you count smartphones). Has any thin client move (pre-cloud) ever come close to critical mass before reverting back to mainly PC architecture? Steve Jobs wannabe/close friend Larry Ellison has been pushing it for over a decade, no? I know Sun has a big investment here (and now bought by Ellison's Oracle).

Most importantly, my 3G 64GB just arrived.

Yay Ric!

Edited by Voltron

As I sit cramped in this fucking airline seat with my shitty Dell laptop propped in my lap because the fucking person in front of me is reclined so much I cannot use it on the tray, I have officially made up my mind to buy a fucking iPad 3G. This is ridiculous. The Citrix thing will work out eventually and I can already do email and surf and whatever. Maybe the Apple Store will have one for me...

I am laughing right now because I was going to post this morning that I couldn't believe you had not yet ordered one of these things. Welcome aboard! Toot toot!

EDIT: ...and what are you doing in coach?