Apple Tablet

Their chat just came back online. Midnight the 6th. No WWDC before decision. That can't be a coincidence, right?

Brilliant!

That iPhone-iPad no tethering thing is a slap in the face also:

an AT&T spokeswoman told us via email today that it won't be possible to tether the iPhone to the iPad to share Internet access with the Apple slate, citing the fact that the iPad doesn't have any USB ports to enable a wired connection between the devices.

Wait a second, what about Bluetooth? Apple own support page makes it clear that the iPhone allows wireless Bluetooth tethering. But in another TechFlash comment, Mac expert and Seattle journalist Glenn Fleishman notes that he "discovered in testing that the iPad includes the Bluetooth profile required for tethering, but it is not enabled."

So anyone figure out if the cut-off date is midnight the 6th or sometime during the 7th? Would love to know what's going to be announced at WWDC that morning. Support is currently 'undergoing maintenance.'

Order an ipad 3g online now and if the wwdc keynote makes you not want it then return it 100% money back when it comes in, in other words don't open it for no restocking fee charge. If the keynote is lame and you want the $30 unlimited plan then just activate when it comes in since AT&T is honoring all purchases before the 7th.

I feel bad for a friend of mine who went to the Apple store to buy a 3G iPad over three weeks ago, but he couldn't figure out how to activate the 3G data after he got it. Finally he had me come over tonight to help him set it up so he could be grandfathered into the $30 unlimited instead of a 2Gb data limit, only to find out that they sold him the WiFi-only model.

It was after 6PM and the Apple store was closed when I discovered this. He's bummed because he doesn't know if they will let him sign up for the unlimited data plan on 6/7/10 if he buys the right one tomorrow (plans to sell his original one if Apple wont take it back). He felt better when I told him I have not ever broken 1Gb with heavy use yet on my iPad or iPhone. He's a really busy person, so he didn't even use the iPad for the first 2 weeks, but I'm surprised that he didn't notice the price difference when he bought it.

Just found out you can listen to your iPod stuff on iPad in the background while checking email and doing other stuff. I am not so mad anymore about no multitasking.

you could always do this on the iPhone, just like you can be on a call and do internet/3g browse also..

there has to be some way of getting on the ipad $30 plan within the next week, seriously if you bitch enough there has to be a way!

incase anyone wants an ipad with the unlimited there still are ways, one easy way to get both is to..

buy a used iPad 3G that is currently under the unlimited plan.

go into the "cellar data" section in settings and replace all the current info with yours, like email/password, credit card/name/billing address.

say hello to grandfathered in unlimited 3G.

may work for an unopened iPad not in unlimited plan but i wouldnt risk the waste of time.

i know this works cause thats how i got mine! yayz

hmmm ... just picked up a 64gb 3G from Best Buy today, and had no trouble getting the $30 unlimited. Don't ask, don't tell.

I wondered if that was likely to be the case because I didn't have to prove when I ordered, etc. I thought they might be tricky enough to go by serial number or something.