Apple Tablet

I don't think I've ever tried to connect bt to the mini with my iPad. What are you trying to do Al with the bt connection? I use iteleport or the remote app to control my mini when I need to.

ditto to what Mike said, Al. How far are you from the mini when the bt craps out? I iirrc, bt is just for pretty close range (claim is for 10 meters - 30 ft, but you know how those engineers lie).

It was right next to it. Anyway, the Remote app works so that is mostly what I was after for now. I don't know what iteleport is so I will look at that too. Thanks guys

My contacts all vanished. :-(

I was entering an item in the search field to look up a name, the app crashed, and all the contacts vanished. Online w/ tech support now. I've disabled and re-enabled the account, and then deleted and re-entered the account. I still see everything on mobileme, and on my desktop, but I still get really nervous because I've had entire databases vanish on me in the past w/ other products. Bah!

Yes, I'm backed up. But still ...

My mom is on her third day with the iPad and she won't put it down! After she bought two laptops and never touched them after the first day cause she was just affraid of doing something wrong or breaking them she is now surfing the web without fear (or flash). Sofar she uses YouTube and google search and the NBC app, I showed her wiki and the app store today. I told if she keeps playing with the iPad then maybe next week I'll show her emailing..I don't want to throw to much in her brain too fast, a little at a time won't freak her out as she gets used to a modern electronic device. I never thought I would see my mom browsing the net, this iPad is perfect for people like her!!

So I've been following this thread since the beginning, but I'll be damned if I can remember what choices folks made re cases. I picked up a cheapo Belkin because that's all that Best Buy had (didn't feel like dealing with the mall to check out the Apple Store), but it's really ugly. I have an apple case on order, but I didn't particularly like Jeff's, and mine won't be delivered until some time mid July. I don't have the need right now for a stand-up one, but am not against it. Any one find one they really like?

Wow, all my contacts and calendar items have magically re-appeared after being gone for about 7 hours. The gods must have been pleased with my iPad mantras ...

Steve Magical unicorn came back to bless your shit

But now mobileMe contacts won't sync with my desktop. Hours with tech support and no go. Seems temporally correlated to the recent updates in iTunes and MobileMe control panel for PC (can I say 'PC' around here?), but not really sure. I'll have to figure out the correct prayers for this problem and pray to the iGods.

I've been thinking about a new desktop for the office by the end of the year. Maybe I need to move that timeframe up.

And think about an Apple this time?

So I've been following this thread since the beginning, but I'll be damned if I can remember what choices folks made re cases. I picked up a cheapo Belkin because that's all that Best Buy had (didn't feel like dealing with the mall to check out the Apple Store), but it's really ugly. I have an apple case on order, but I didn't particularly like Jeff's, and mine won't be delivered until some time mid July. I don't have the need right now for a stand-up one, but am not against it. Any one find one they really like?

This one looks particularly intriguing: quirky | Cloak iPad Case

I don't know if the rubber will feel really weird or not. The Apple case is pretty nice in that regard.

Edited by LarsMarkelson

Vicki, I've liked the below enough I've bought two others for friends. Like the Belkin TPU case, except larger ports (a good thing), a bit looser (though not loose) and 1/3 the price.

PCMICROSTORE APPLE IPAD TPU CRYSTAL SKIN CASE - CLEAR WAVE DESIGN

"IPAD30OFF" (or similar lots of coupons), brings it down to $15 shipped. Just be aware the "wave design" is printed on the back (visible in photo).

Have a soft spot for the DODO though. http://www.dodocase.com/