Apple Tablet

if you are using the iPad alot while sitting or you're traveling alot the Apple case rocks, but if you're holding it with your hands alot then i found a soft rubber-like case is much easier to grip thus relaxing your thumb. mine came with an Apple case and a Belkin clear rubber one, the belkin just sticks the ipad to my open palm while using your thumb for a tiny bit of balance and safety

Yeah I haven't found a comfortable way to use it in bed when I'm flat on my back. This was how I used my laptop frequently, and it was quite easy since the keyboard hinge rested on my chest and supported it all. Grip might be the problem... rubber case could work. I was thinking it'd be nice if a case had a built-in glove or something to hold your hand.

This seems like a very promising rubber case, with hinged stands for angled use: quirky | Cloak iPad Case

Got any recommendations for a good case? The Apple case is out of stock everywhere, there's the Acase on amazon which looks neat, but they don't ship to Canada. I'm looking for a case/stand hybrid.

I was recently in the same situation. I like the Apple case but couldn't find one in stock. I almost bought a temporary case while waiting for the Apple one. I decided it was better to just pay the extra $10 and get the Apple case from ebay.

I wish the USB connection kit has a more secure fastening. I tugged on it by mistake while listening one day, and the ipad stopped recognizing the USB connection at all after that.

Luckily, recovering to factory settings fixed it. Good to know that the backup came in handy.

I have been using the Apple case for a week now and I really really love it.

I need HELP though. This morning, I plugged in the ipad to do a backup of the apps I bought and to rearrange the apps. I plugged in the ipad and go to the itunes/apps tab and none of the apps I previously backed up are there. Also, I clicked on the "sync" button at the bottom right and sync the apps from the ipad. Still nothing shows up in itunes. I cannot drag the apps around on the picture of the ipad like I used to be able to. I logged out and logged back into the itunes store on itunes. I updated the latest version of itunes, that didn't help. I don't think I changed any settings since my last sync. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on what to do? The only other thing I can think of doing is clicking on the "sync apps" in the top left of the tab but since there no apps listed in itunes, I am afraid this will just wipe all the apps off the ipad. :(

Right-click on iPad icon on iTunes (or the left side bar) and it should give you an option to copy the apps to iTunes or copy all purchased items (or something along that line). That should copy all your apps (and other things you've bought from iTunes, App store, iBook store) on to your computer. Once they're copied and you see all the apps listed under the apps tab on iPad, you can click on "sync apps" and shouldn't erase any of your apps.

Thanks. I transferred purchases. Now the ones on my ipad show up in itunes. However, the purchases I transferred before (the ones that are deleted off my ipad but I had in itunes in the past are no longer there). I guess I don't really need them since I chose to delete them but, I am curious if there is any way to get them back.

If you're using a Mac, in your iTunes folder on your hard drive, there should be a folder that says something like mobile apps or whatnot. Assuming you didn't delete the apps off your hard drive, all the apps you've purchased through that computer, along with the transferred one, should be there. Back on iTunes, go to "Add to Library" and direct to that particular folder and you should see them back on your computer.

I imagine the procedure will be similar on a Windows machine, but I don't use one at home, so I don't know for certain.

EDIT - It should work similarly for other things from iTunes (songs, TV shows, etc.), you'd just need to find the appropriate folder(s).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Apple needs to come up with an easier way to re-download trashed, deleted, or otherwise inoperable (paid) apps/content.

Which should be easy enough seeing as they already keep track of your purchase history. All they really need to do is allow for re-downloading directly from your purchase history instead of needing to contact Apple via "report problem" button. One possible issue would be if you wanted to re-download something that was no longer available in the store.